Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Nas claims that rap is dead then what do you play at parties?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Let us know what kind of music do you play.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
oldschool ,trance , house , dnb , hardhouse , 90s hardcore

and no rap lol

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:59 am
Rap aint dead, it just needs a new wrapping ;) hehe

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 2:00 am
izat wutcha call dipset?????.......lol

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 3:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
o god have mercy!

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 3:05 am
i play a lot of everything . wednesday during my 14hour dbl at the club i played from aventura to hooverphonic to zztop and a lotta stops in between.....i do refuse to play gangsta both at the club and in my mobile biz even if it costs me $.....interestingly even at the club where the ladies basically rule nobody presses the issue.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 3:16 am
#1 Nas says that HIP-HOP is dead...not Rap...

And in my opinion HIP-HOP is NOT dead its just evolving like every other genre to ever exist...

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 4:46 am
Everybody was saying rap was dead back in the mid-late 80's when I started spinning ['87]. Lots of people said that it was a trend that wouldn't last more than a year or two. Boy, where they wrong.

The Temple of Hip-Hop founded by KRS-One, as well as the Hip Hop Nation overall, has and continues to grow exponentially, internationally, and has penetrated practically every other form of music and many cultures.

http://www.templeofhiphop.org/

There's pictures of me with KRS-One, Daryll McDaniels [DMC of Run-DMC], and others in the photo section of my profile: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30143

The music that I spin is new and old school Rap [never going to go away], R&B, Reggae, Funk, Disco, old school High Energy [Break Beats, Latin Freestyle... NO House, Techno, Trance, etc.], and some other stuff if the occasion calls for it.

- ConQuest

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 9:23 am
KrisPRO InfinityMember since 2004
House, Dance & RnB

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:12 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Music from the 70's til present: Partybreaks, R'n'B, Hip Hop, Soul, Pop, Chill-out, World music (The west is not always the best ;) :Latin, African, middle eastern), Disco, House (both Deep & Commercial), Euro Dance/Club, Urban Dance (getting very big and the perfect compromise when having a diverse crowd), Trance/Hard Dance (rarely).

I think it's important that a DJ can play a wide selection of music, regardless of what 'type' of DJ you are.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:44 pm
Nas says hip-hop is dead. If you actually listen to the lyrics of the song and understand them, then you'd have to agree with what the lyrics say. Of course hip-hop is not dead, it's bigger than ever and everything he says in the song is true.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 5:31 pm
house (many kinds)
garage (& speed garage)
chill-out

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)