Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MAC threads disappearing?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are the MAC threads getting removed or something? I can't wait for the OSX version to get released. I check everyday for info in the forums about it. The last 2 threads i was involved in seemed to have disappeared. Both were MAC threads. One was fairly recent with alot of posts. In it -Norway- asked people to give their specs, people were talking about beta and MACs in general. It seems as if the thread started to get a little heated and got removed. Anyone involved in that thread notice this or am I looking in the wrong place or something?

And thanks for all the info on VDJ I have recieved in those threads. I know that when my name shows up, it shows im not a user but thats because I only own a MAC and can't purchase the product yet. Hope a non-users info is still important.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 5:38 pm

It didnt disapear.. it just got silly

So we upped it to "pro users only" since we dont want new user to get the wrong impression

Our forum is usually very friendly, adult and helpfull... But a few threads gets abit out of hand, so we either stop it, or up it...

But I've noted your interest in the mac testing..

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 5:41 pm
Great Norway...thanks for the info and quick response. I understand.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 6:38 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Maybe you should consider becoming a full version user now then.
The price will never go down anyway.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 10:20 pm
mp3jrick - I don't have a windows based computer else i would have already purchased the pro edition. I downloaded the demo on a friends computer (windows based) and loved it.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:32 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
IC Charlie,
We encourage all non licensed users to join in the fun.
You could still use the program with boot camp though.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
The more time you spend with it now, the easier it will be later.
I have been told we will have the option later, so you won't have to commit to a platform.

We value everybody's input around here and hope to see you as a full user soon.

Rick

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:40 am
I use a Powerbook G4. Can't get bootcamp for non Intel MACS. Thought about upgrading to the MACBOOK PRO but with my exrta ram and huge hard drive my computer is super stable and fast. I own Serato but rarely use it at my gigs. I'm just passing time and can't wait use VDJ to move on to music videos. I guess I'll just have to tough it out for now...

Again, thanks for the info

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 5:22 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
I use a Powerbook G4. Can't get bootcamp for non Intel MACS. Thought about upgrading to the MACBOOK PRO but with my exrta ram and huge hard drive my computer is super stable and fast. I own Serato but rarely use it at my gigs. I'm just passing time and can't wait use VDJ to move on to music videos. I guess I'll just have to tough it out for now...

Again, thanks for the info

Yeah, I've said on several occasions that I REALLY hope that the Mac version of VDJ is released as a "Universal Binary".

That means that the software will run on bot Intel Macs and PowerPC Macs NATIVELY. All my my dj partners and friends from the Beat Junkies and ISP have Macs, but quite a few of them have PowerPC Macs.

Here, check out my boy Q-Berts "Switcher" ad for Apple:
http://spherule.com/media/video/switch/dj_q-bert.mov

I warned most of them who were asking for my advice, to wait for Intel based Macs if they could [from January until the first week of April when Boot Camp was released] because I knew that the switch to Intel would bring MAJOR changes, but NO ONE other than Apple's engineers and dev team knew about Boot Camp. That came as a shock to everyone, including Apple employees... so I've heard. ;)

So cross your fingers for a UNIVERSAL BINARY Mac version of VDJ, but if it's gonna hold up the Intel Mac version of VDJ... SORRY!...! you're gonna need to wait longer until they release it, if they do at all.

- ConQuest

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 8:55 am
Thanks Quest. I had no idea that Q-bert did a switch commercial. The sickest turntablist of all time.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 9:02 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Thanks Quest. I had no idea that Q-bert did a switch commercial. The sickest turntablist of all time.

Sho' nuff! ;)

And, "You're Welcome" CHARL1E F1VE".

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)