Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2 questions.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

foamgodPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1- I have the 4.2 version along with a 2 soundcard Numarks, 2 1200 turntables and a Hercules DJ Control(NOT the MK3 unfortunately - which does everything but have input or outputs except for the USB). I also have aMaya 44 usb soundcard, but it never gave me much love, as I always have to reinstall it before activating VDJ after hooking it up to my computer. What is the best way to set up the TCV with any of the above for large applications? I've been a Pro user for over 2 years.

2- Do I need a new mapper for Hercules? It worked and scratched perfectly in the 3+ versions, but now the right jog wheel only nudges, but everything else works. No matter what I've tried, even uploading new upgrades, won't work. Thanks and peace.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 7:52 pm

1) The Maya should work fine, just remember to set it to AUTO for latency in VDJ performance tab.
Dont know what other soundcards you have, but as long as its a pretty decent card running ASIO drivers, with two line ins, you should be fine with Timecode use.

2) Enable scratch for jogwheels on the Controller tab, in VDJ settings

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 8:02 pm
foamgod wrote :
I also have a Maya 44 usb soundcard, but it never gave me much love, as I always have to reinstall it before activating VDJ after hooking it up to my computer.

this used to happen to me;
Rule #1: always plug maya into SAME usb that you connected it to when you installed the drivers.
Rule #2: try to make that usb slot dedicated for the maya (if you don't it may overwrite the driver files which will cause you to have to renstall drivers everytime you plug the maya in)

because of this i keep a copy of the maya disk on my external hd as well as a copy of the timecode(you never know when somethings gonna happen so its better to have with than to be without.);-)

since i dedicated one usb on my cpu for the maya;i havent had to reinstall the drivers anymore :P

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 8:23 pm
I've recently heard that. I have 3 USB drives on my laptop AND have at least One 4 USB to 1 drives(for all the external HDS I have), so that probably didn't help.

Thanks for your quick answers. One last thought though: Does your Maya sometimes NOT take both channels serious or connect perfectly everytime even after a perfect setup the time before?

Happy holidays/

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 8:30 pm
p.s. I did config the Jog wheels and the one on the left works to it fine. It's the one on the right that's stuck in nudge mode. Everything else on it works perfectly. I guess I can live without it scratching since it's not my heavy duty performing rig. I use this one for it's effective portability for smaller gigs or running videos. As cheap as it feels or was, it works pretty well. Thanks to you both. -Detroit.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 8:34 pm
foamgod wrote :
I've recently heard that. I have 3 USB drives on my laptop AND have at least One 4 USB to 1 drives(for all the external HDS I have), so that probably didn't help.

Thanks for your quick answers. One last thought though: Does your Maya sometimes NOT take both channels serious or connect perfectly everytime even after a perfect setup the time before?

Happy holidays/

Nope although i'm using a laptop which only came with one 1.1usb drive ;i had to get a pcmcia card with 4usb 2.0 slots in order to hook up external hd's ,mouse etc.. i did however find that my maya worked better on the usb built on the cpu than on the pcmcia card (go figure)Also you can try selecting asio fo all as soundcard instead of maya ..then select maya 44 after that ;click on the options (only available if you set it up this way) .mute channels 1,2 and 3,4;turn output volume all the way up and input volume about 2/3 way up ...see if it make a difference for you

-Detroit----- born and raised....Eastside 7mile and Gratiot.....moved to cali in july of 2005 but been flyin back and forth every other month (3 kids beggin me to move back heheh) alot of ppl not up on vdj over there.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 8:49 pm
You're right. I've been a DJ for almost 30 years since I was 14. Gratiot? I've done a ton of Eastside clubs including Wild Woody's. Ive been on mp3s for 7 years(DJ Power) then graduated to VDJ. The youngin's are in love with Serato, but it doesn't do that much. I'll try out your suggestions. I love using the video.
out.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 11:29 pm
How come the FADER START plug in doesn't exist in 4.0+?? I love that feature. sos??

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 11:30 pm
foamgod wrote :
You're right. I've been a DJ for almost 30 years since I was 14. Gratiot? I've done a ton of Eastside clubs including Wild Woody's. Ive been on mp3s for 7 years(DJ Power) then graduated to VDJ. The youngin's are in love with Serato, but it doesn't do that much. I'll try out your suggestions. I love using the video.
out.

wasn't wild woody's on hayes near outer drive?? used to have a pink car(the ass end)stickin out of the building..wow that was a while back
when ever im in town i spin @ Chi-Chi's lounge on harper;Pretty woman on vandyke;Boogie down on harper(motorcycle club)and @ a bath house called the spfitz in hamtramk along with a few other private venues...

foamgod wrote :
How come the FADER START plug in doesn't exist in 4.0+?? I love that feature. sos??

dunno i never used that one (always used the one on my mixer)
good luck ;have fun

Boogie

Posted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:54 am

Posted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 4:33 am
I see that, but the older version worked perfect Without Numark cue(which I don't have). I do have a new Numark mixer with 2 usb soundcards built in and a Fader start function, although I'm not exactly sure how or what it hooks up with. Thanks for replying. Off and on the computer all day. Times vary.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 10:48 pm
O.K....if you wanna use fader start...

its best to open effects window in vdj skin ( cause there are sliders and buttons for you to adjust).play with them a bit (activate on both decks ..syncronize might work better).have fun

i actually tried it out its not bad ;good for tricks :)
btw :im using vdj 4.2r1 and its wotking fine

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:33 am
That's the problem. It shows up on the left in the Effects window,but doesn't display on the right to activate. I have all the Fader start downloads to current. Weird.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:35 pm
yea thats weird... on the right mines show 3 lines where i can chenge the fx as well as buttons for fader start deck 1;deck 2 ;and syncronize... also it show buttons in the middle to select either deck.
it lets you choose 1 or 2 decks @ same time.

on the left where you say you can see fader start , is there a red and a green box side by side .. if so maybe you can click on them to turn fx on for the decks .

good luck ;i just downloaded it to try out for ya and it worked for me on 4.2r1 however i also downloaded a couple of other crossfader fx to see what they did since i was experimenting;i forget the names of thenm , but they did mention fadr stare in the info .maybe one of em had something to do with the other one ..who knows maybe not.. but maybe you could look @ the other ones and see what happensfor you as i was really jus getting the fader start 4.0 to try it out and grab the others out of curiosity (and wasnt really payin close attention @ the others just got em cause they had something to do with fader start)hope this helps
Boogie

i notice you posted this in other locations as well ; it's best to try and keep post together vsdouble posting as ppl tend to look over double posts alot IMAO

happy holidays

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 8:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)