Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Welcome me...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just wanted to say hello to the community...

After some time of using extended evaluation versions (...) i have decided to give myself a christmas present and start supporting this excellent piece of software and the great community behind it.

Now it's off to the shop to buy myself an ICDX, and start practicing like crazy for a gig i have planned on new years eve. (OMG)

I wish you all the best to you and your families for this year end, and will be looking forward to join the VirtualDJ community troughout 2007.

Mike

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 11:13 am
Welcome! =)

I proclaim this FIRST POST and myself FIRST WELCOMER!!!

Enjoy VDJ, "The Stick"!!!

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 11:36 am
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
OMG I never get the first welcome haha

Welcome mate! Hope you enjoy the software! Im sure you will becuase its great!

Phatt B

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 1:19 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Welcome stick

yes i think you have made a nice selection for christmas, enjoy yourself and welcome the community.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 2:14 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Welcome m8 Enjoy VDJ

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 2:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya have fun :)

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 2:55 pm
oh, sorry....... I came here for an argument......

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 3:15 pm

Warm welcomes to The Netherlands ;) good to see you came over to the right side;) hehe

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 6:38 pm
Thanks guys!

I feel welcome now... :o)

Went out yesterday to spend a lot of euro's on 2 icdx's and a new 5 channel mixer (numark 5000fx) but ended up with only buying one icdx, the rest was out of stock completely. Checked another shop next door, same deal :o(

On the good side, ran home, fired up my laptop, connected everything.... wow.... It works like a dream!!! Virtual DJ + ICDX is a perfect combination!

VDJ + one icdx works like a treat, pressing the eject button to hop from deck a to b is pretty straightforward, although i can imagine an occasional $%^-up doing a live performance...

I'll keep you posted on my findings, if you guys and girls have any questions about the unit and VDJ just drop me a message!

L8r!

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:25 pm

How is the iCDX scratch jogwheel?

Heard both good and bad things...

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:30 pm
Let's just say i'm happy that i don't scratch... I can't see this being useable for proper scratch sessions, anyone correct me if 'im wrong. Cueing, slowing down and speeding up with the platter works with zero latency or hickups. I was also shocked by the youtube thingy with a guy doing a couple of backspins, but this in certainly not the case in real life. That movie was a typical case of video and sound not being synced.

Im currently about to wipe vista from my laptop and create a new XP installation + image for VDJ use. Vista works, but it doesn't recognise the ICDX and any USB hdd i connect without asking for driver disks... Once everything is back up and running i'll do some tests with doing scratches from local media and within VDJ.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:44 pm
yeah.. I've heard the scratch isn't good, unfortunately

Maybe Numark can release some firmware fix, make it more sensitive... might be possible, dont know

But for non-scratch djs, the iCDX should be a great option ;)

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:46 pm
congrats ...welcome to vdj world....party time;exxcellent... .heheh

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 5:20 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
oh, sorry....... I came here for an argument......

Well... this is abuse, you want the next left.

Stupid git!!!!

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 8:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)