Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vista, anyone using the release? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Anyone using the final version of Vista with VDJ? Any problems, benefits?

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 9:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
final release is only for business customers until

January 30, 2007

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 10:01 pm
True, but then there are those of us, like me, who are professional developers and have access to the release via MSDN (MS Developer Network)

So, technically it's available now... for some of us.

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 10:24 pm
same here :) hehe

from my experiance with it so far

the program great with the new sound api and other updrades

fine unfortuanately the mk2 is usless if you use that and some other asio cards

and we will have to wait until the manufacturers release updates

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 10:50 pm
There are issues with Vista and the MK2? Damn. I love mine. If you have any details please let me know, otherwise I can wait for the new driver.

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 1:39 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any idea if if it supports drivers for the Presonus Firebox, and VDJ yet?
I got a free upgrade coupon from Alienware. :)
Merry Christmas to me!

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 11:10 am
not sure sorry

if you can get the device to show up in device manager but it acts unstably

try www.asio4all.com

until there is an update for your card

maya 44 usb users im not sure whats going to happen as i dont think they are making updates for your card any more :(

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 3:58 pm
Just wanted to drop a line here as well to say that yes the MK2 is useless in Vista. No driver support so we will have to wait.

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 6:04 pm
Thanks 1derful. I appreciate the heads up. I have Vista now, but I'm waiting until the new year to do the upgrade. (I need 3 DirectX video cards... so I need to wait for a few extra bucks)

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 4:09 pm
Vista + BCD2000 Users? anyone

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 6:32 pm
mix_96PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yep !, done a 6 hours set wih Vista RTM on my laptop and bcd2000 a couple days ago and everyhing worked fine !

i mixed Video wih Vista AERO effect ON with no problem ! (despite my ATI catalyst beta driver).

BCD2000 was used as sound card (ASIO mode).

The only "problem" really is to install or uninstall the bcd2000 drivers. (you will need to have a copy of the c:\behringer folder to correctly install drivers.

About UNinstalling drivers : I had drivers problem (probably due to my viruscan software) and was force to reinstall the drivers once, be aware that you need to uninstall both drivers starting with WDM driver first and you MUST choose to completely remove drivers from system in order to reinstalling it correctly.(i spent a lot of time before i realized that so i hope you don't waiste your time like i did....)

(sorry for my english..)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 8:38 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
A french user using Vista + XP10 has one issue:
the mapper settings for the XP10 aren't saved when you close VDJ.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:07 pm
VISTA & DAC-3 CONTROLLER? DOES IT WORK? ANYONE?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 7:34 am
im not sure sorry but im sure they will make drivers :)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 11:54 am
mix_96 wrote :
Yep !, done a 6 hours set wih Vista RTM on my laptop and bcd2000 a couple days ago and everyhing worked fine !

i mixed Video wih Vista AERO effect ON with no problem ! (despite my ATI catalyst beta driver).

BCD2000 was used as sound card (ASIO mode).

The only "problem" really is to install or uninstall the bcd2000 drivers. (you will need to have a copy of the c:behringer folder to correctly install drivers.

About UNinstalling drivers : I had drivers problem (probably due to my viruscan software) and was force to reinstall the drivers once, be aware that you need to uninstall both drivers starting with WDM driver first and you MUST choose to completely remove drivers from system in order to reinstalling it correctly.(i spent a lot of time before i realized that so i hope you don't waiste your time like i did....)

(sorry for my english..)

Has this bean documented yet?/ If not could you post the steps?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 4:30 pm
Hi, I was lucky to receive Windows Vista through my University's MSDN programme for Students and was able to install it yesterday, even before the official release. Virtual DJ runs well on it, so far, but I have some problems as I should expect.

I got the Mk2 installed good, including all drivers and even the control panel crashes for me less then it did in XP but the ASIO mode won't work! - However the ASIO4All Drives work and I can even get my mk2 to work with them and VDJ in Windows Vista.

I do have slight problems with my Audigy card though. There are no good drivers out, sometimes an application interrupts the sound and I can't always seem to get line-in activated. It's a little temperamental.

Should this better go into the software support category of the forum?
I will post back with my experience under Vista and please guys share too, especially fixes (work-arounds) to improve things.

Anyone who needs help, please feel free to ask me.
Joe

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 3:09 am
Hey Everybody, it's been almost 3 weeks that I been using Vista RTM and it works really good (if you overpass the minimum requirements for both Vista and VDJ). The problems I found out so far:
1) No ASIO drivers for Gigaport AG (I'm goint to try a few things to make it work, if it does I'll let you guys know). It does work with Microsoft Drivers but no ASIO
2) VirtualDJ crashed on me twice out of the blue, I did "Run as Administrator" and so far it's ok (I don't know how much this helps or not)
3) General Sound Card configuration gets a little tricky at first, I have and USB Audigy NX for my day to day use and I was a little dissapointed thinking that it wasn't fully supported, but then I found the solution. You have to go into the configuration of the audio properties to be able to change volume settings. The mostly common issue here, it may be that you don't hear anything on your speakers even when your tray volume it's not muted and it's all the way up; just go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Sound- The Sound Properties will come up, select Speakers (and make sure it's selected as your default output) click on Properties and then click on Levels and make sure nothings it's muted and the volume it's up.

Finally, Vista has a nice UI (User Interface), Aero kicks ass, but overall, Vista still crashes, not the whole thing, some programs here and there, but still does, so just use it for a little while before going into a gig.
Hope this help some of you! (If not with VDJ at least with Vista)
;)

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 11:02 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So is there an easy way to keep XP and put Vista on?

I get a free upgrade with my Alienware laptop, and want Halo 2 Vista.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 1:02 pm
Well, the easiest ways, it's not so easy nor difficult for that matter:

a) You can do the Upgrade from Windows XP to Vista:
1) Turn On your computer and wait until XP loads up
2) Insert your Vista disc and wait until "Autostart" recognizes the disc
3) Just clik ok and follow the prompts

If you want to do a Full clean Vista installation you can do this in 2 ways:

1) Turn off your XP computer, then Restart it and make sure your first boot up device it's your CD/DVD Drive, if it is already configured that way, just insert your Vista disc and restart your computer with the disc in the Drive. This will prompt you to click any keys if you want to boot up from the disc. Obviously, click any key. Vista installation will load up but only will give you the "Custom" installation option. This option will move any current OS installation to an "Windows.old" folder (You won't be able to boot from XP, but you will be able to acces all your files).

or

2) Turn of your computer, install a new Hard Drive and disconnect the Current HD that holds XP, do a full vista installation and then reconnect your XP HD, this way , you will be able to boot up from XP or Vista if you select any of the HDs from the BIOS. This way you will have a full installation of both, XP and Vista in different HDs without mixing them of getting rid of the XP installation

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 7:25 pm
mix_96PRO InfinityMember since 2006
In my case i upgraded Windows XP pro to Vista Ultimate RTM on my laptop since almost two months and everything run smooth.

actually running Virtual DJ 4.2 with Bcd2000 with ASIO drivers.

Only advice i can give is to disable UAC on Windows Vista when using VDJ and not use other USB device than the Bcd2000 when DJ-ing.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 8:52 pm
91%