Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ? about looping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to declare our own loop? Like instead of hitting 1, 2, 4, 8, etc... we can hit a key for the start of the loop and hit another key(maybe the same one) for the end of the loop? I saw a shortcut that just said loop, and I messed around with it but I couldn't get it to do anything.

phatty720
dave

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 3:18 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
exit loop: you can make a new shortcut with action="loop" and value="0" in the shortcut editor

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 3:22 pm
gotcha.. thanks Coco.

phatty720
dave

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 3:33 pm
Actually "loop 0" gets you out of a loop, it doesn't set the end point of a loop (as opposed to the start point). But you can set whatever length you want in the shortcut menu for the loop (a number of beats).

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 4:12 pm
hmmm... perhaps setting your own start and stop point would be a nice feature in a future version? (hint hint)

phatty720
dave

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 5:52 pm
You can also create cue points that will automatically rewind and continue playing from that point(a feature i craved for in atomix) so the choice of how long you want the loop is in your hands.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 6:51 pm
yes the on the fly cueing is very nice indeed, but you have to keep pressing a button to go back to the cue.

Having buttons or keyboard shortcuts to define the starting and stopping points for a loop would be much nicer. Granted it's pretty tough to make a seamless loop with that method but it would be pretty nice.

If you have a long sweep, or long vocals that you would like to loop, you would have to guess how many beats it would encompass.

Certainly not a necessary feature, but i think it'd be nice to have.

That's just my opinion.

phatty720
dave

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 8:46 pm
ok we'll add it in v1.03

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 8:47 pm
:)

phatty720
dave

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 8:50 pm
I been usin the program for a minute now. i usually jus Screw up songz, (slow da pitch down), but i cant get the loop or
rather the cue function to Chop the song up to my satisfaction, on some songs it does it alright, i havent found how to make it sound like it soundz on DJ screw songs or DJ michael 5000 Watts of Swishahouse. any suggestions are highly appreciated, thanx..

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 6:50 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Phaty, there is no reason why user loops couldn't be beat aware.

One other good would be if we could move the loop for a beat up or down.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 8:09 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
nscode: you already have that feature in the last version.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 9:03 pm
So i can't get any help on my post? is dat how it is, well it'z all good ima jus figure it out by myself or find some otha program and board dat is more helpful, and again ''THANX'' for nothin, 2 fingaz country boy style baby

Posted Sun 20 Jul 03 @ 4:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)