Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: JN-BLACK V2.01 (widescreen)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just submitted my latest skin. It is in widescreen, so some of you may not be able to use it.

Please post here if you find a bug, would like something changed, or have any other comments. (Unfortunately, I do not have time to make this skin in different resolutions.)

Rick: Sorry it took so long. :)

Enjoy!!!

- Jim

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 11:30 pm
Rick will be happy :)
Jim if you want me to try making them different resolutions let me know ;)

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 11:48 pm
I luv it,
great improvement

can u make one in 1600*1200?

keep up the nice work

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 12:18 pm
nice work Jim ;) your skins are awesome!

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 12:20 pm
Thanks guys! :)

There are still a few adjustments that I would like to make. I'm not a 100% happy with the rhythm window. The light background makes the visuals hard to see.

Also I need to change a few colors in the browser-window and try to smoothen the background a bit. You can see the edges of each color.

Last but not least, I'm going to make darker slider-bars.

Sorry that the skin is not completely finished, but I wanted to submit a widescreen-skin to those who need it.

-Jim

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 2:12 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whoo Hoo!! downloading it right away!
I can't wait to see this in action!

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 3:57 pm
Whoops, forgot to say, Thank you very much Jim!

I really appreciate this.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 5:00 pm
I have found a bug. :( :)
You can only rename cue1 in the info display window. I'll fix that shortly...

- Jim

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 7:10 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I like it a lot, thanks Jim!

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 9:42 pm
I've just submitted an update. Enjoy

03/08/04 Update 1:
- Fixed Cue-renaming feature in info-window
- Added Gain-reset button
- Darker Slider-bars
- Changed graphics in rhythm- and browser-window

- Jim Nordic

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 5:50 pm
Just checked the add-ons section... The skin has not been updated yet.
VDJ team: Did you get the update?

- Jim

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 6:09 pm
Have another look Jim!

Very nice job as always! I'll be using this one tonight for sure!

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 7:44 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well done Jim!

Even with my monitor & PC at home, I'm still making a choice between your's and MIXSTATION ;)

I would love to see a PRO version (no levels, crossfader & Scratch).

Good work,

Regards, erXon

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 11:43 am
Thanks Erxon!

In the pro-version, what would you like me to replace the faders with?

I would keep the sample-buttons and the sync & beatlock-buttons. But what else? Anything that is missing, in your opinion?

What I would like to see is that the skin-engine could control FX-sliders.

- Jim

Posted Sat 21 Aug 04 @ 3:43 pm
- I'd love to see the skip buttons a little bit bigger, though I don't use them often but sometimes it can save you a second for a perfect mix :)

- controlling FX sliders? Hum, not sure how you gonna do that. But if I see it the same way you do, it would be great :) (explain a bit more)

- I'm not sure what clicking on "Cue 1", "Cue 2", etc and the numeric values for these in the middle pannel does? It just hides them or what? Don't understand :)

- make a GRABZONE! Those who don't use the full screen mode (me :P) can have issues when missing a button/scratch/... and the whole window moves.

- Levels and crossfader aren't necessary when using an external mixtable, so you can can have more space for making (for example) the EQ for both desks bigger, maybe I'll use it sometimes :)

- what phurpose do the repeated loop and effect functions in the middle pannel (around VU meter) have? It would be better to have a TIME SPENT there (which I really really need sometimes :P), and you can maybe place a grabzone there?

- Maybe put the top "artist" / "title" pannel under the tracks visualization. So it's directly above the basic functions of the track.

- it's a great idea to have a gain "even" and gain "reset" function!! Love it. Could you make a button for EDIT BPM and COPY FROM OTHER DESK (BPM) aswell? If it's possible.

- by the way, coloring is GREAT, i love dark skins (that's why I loved MIXSTATION black so much :P), so DON'T change that lol ;) Good font choice too ( + size, color, ...).

- Can you make a pannel, where you can choose between scratch/non-scratch function; so a virtual turntable can be shown or hidden with one click? Could be usefull sometimes.

- One more thing, I don't think a VU meter is necessery in a PRO version (since it's on the mixtable), just fills up the space.

OK, these are my preferences :) I'll just have to find a way to make a black background while using the skin, 'cause it just won't fit on my home monitor ;))

Cheers Jim!

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 8:27 am
Hi erXon!

Great stuff! Now I have something to work with... :)

What I meant with the skin-engine controlling FX-sliders, is that I would like to have 2-3 sliders in the skin controlling a FX.
I have always wanted a (resonant) filter to be included in VDJ (and not just a effect). I'm not very fond of having to change to another menu to use the effects. What I was thinking is that I could have some buttons and 2-3 sliders in the lower middle "window" to control a filter-effect in fx-slot 1 (or 2 or 3). These sliders could be L.cut, width, reso... just like in Traktor.
I'm not sure it is possible yet, as I can't see anywhere in the developers-section about controlling FX-values with sliders. I've only found Fx-on and -off.

- Jim

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 11:08 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i've also wanted this feature for a long time... hope to see it soon

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 12:37 pm
So I guess I understood right ;) As I said - GREAT!

Though I really like the v2 filters, that work as a kaoss pad, with it you're able to change 2 values at the same time, which is better, since you have only 1 mouse. :)

Keep up the good work Jim! ;)

erXon

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 1:31 pm
1024 X 768 please ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡xd

Posted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 1:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)