Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: skin upload

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it only possible to upload your skin if you're a member, or vdj-user? Because I fill in all the fields, but I always get a 'didn't specify a file to download' or something like that. But I did browse to the file, and the preview pic. Anyone? :)

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 4:27 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This can happen with large addon file : about 2 megs it won't load properly (I made three sizes for the TASCAM but the archive was too large to upload, shade).

Or maybe your firewall can cause this kind of problems I don't know, but check this, just in case.

You don't have to be member, even a demo user can upload his work. Look at the skin page, some of the creators still demo users. When I uploaded the pioneer for the first time I was a demo user.

Make sure the preview is 200x150 jpeg file. Fill every fields and it should work this way.

Else I don't know (lol)

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 5:36 pm
I adjusted the default 2.01 skin (which is a big file), and I can't get it any smaller then 3Mb, so it won't upload then I guess...

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 4:22 pm

oh...
the team will figure this out ;)
we all need to see your new skin! ;)

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 5:24 pm
It's just a 'remake' of my favourite skin: the default skin that comes with vdj. I'm too much of a newbie to know what I'm missing in the 'advanced' skins, so I thought I started with one I know best.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 9:03 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Good idea.

The filesize is the problem here. Maybe you can send your work to a teamer, by msn or else.

I want to see the skin too.

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 9:37 pm
nice variations of the default skin ;)

Posted Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 5:14 pm
Thanks. I know it's not much of a difference if you compare it to the other skins in here, but I do like it myself, when I'm mixing here at home. And it's fun to make, so I will make more, and maybe with totaly different graphics...

Posted Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 7:59 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello guys.....
i made a skin with a windows look.
see for yourself at:****************

[Moderation Staff]:
All skins must be posted on this web site. No link to external site is needed/allowed. Thanks.

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 5:21 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Lodewijk;
I really like the red one (because the blue one has a part of red).
The design is great.

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 7:06 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djjb can you at least make a screenshot of the skin? I think that this is allowed, so it shouldn't be moderated?

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 8:41 am
Thanks Clax, I like the red one too, that´s the one I use the most right now. I´m new to djing and vdj, so I wanted the default skin´s functionality, but a different feeling. And it´s handy to have the default layout, so I still can use the manual with ease ;)

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 10:40 am
It would be great to have a skin with a nice design as the red one and a lot of buttons like Mixstation.

I like the turntables in the default skin.

Posted Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 8:15 am
Clax, I'm looking in to that, more buttons. I'm new to this, so the overall look was the first thing I tried. Now I'm trying to fit in as many of cool stuff as possible, like the other skins have... :)

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 11:55 pm
Good work Lodewijk. I don't have enough time to learn and create a skin so I support you.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 2:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)