Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Fun Christmas stuff

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Every year since y2k I've been giving out free music compilations that I make to friends family customers and I get suggestions from church members, like people who are shut ins or chemo that kinda thing and try to spread some cheer......these consist of some way cool tv, radio and movie vignettes as well as the music selections. You could never walk into a store and get something like this.
Speaking of spreading some cheer.......I wish people could just except holiday greetings in the nice way that they were intended. If I say Merry Christmas, as horrifying as that is, it still escapes my lips . I was just wishing you had a good time or felt as good as I did, not trying to convert anyone. In fact, If you ask around at my strip club, you will find people who insist that I'm not cut out for the priesthood.Who'd a thunk it?
This year I finally had a wish come true, I've been asked to participate in a fundraiser for Children's Hopital of Philadelphia. Santa told me he may be arriving on a Harley or maybe a vintage 'Vette. We're gonna have a monster blowout and make a lot of money and toys for the hospital.All money and all toys go to the hospital.
BTW, I've learned some great life lessons I think I would call it from this and here's an example. A few years ago I gave a nice old lady a copy of my music compilation and left all pleased with myself...... then I get a phone call from someone at church "hey chuck she doesn't have a radio or a boombox" so I got her a boombox. "hey chuck, her eye sight isn't good she has a hard time seeing the buttons" so I go see her again and spend sometime with her this time and discover that she would really just like to hear her christian radio station..... so I tune it in and she's happy. While I was dislocating my shoulder from patting myself on the back for being so wonderful, the real hero was the guy on the phone.......so, here's what I learned from that.....it's nice to care, really it is, but it's not enough. Little things count, and keep your eyes and ears wide open and your feet on the ground and you may actually do some good. Also ......nothing has to be easy.

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 3:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)