Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: new feature for loop out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
can the author please add a function to play (at full volume) after the loop out has completed this makes some wicked effects and at the moment i have to do this manually. you would also have to add code to disable the plugin once this is done

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 3:09 pm
Do you mean that you would like the option to set the gain back to full volume, and continue playing the song (and stop the plugin) after the loopout (instead of stopping the song)?

macourteau

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 3:16 pm
yes, it kinda doesn't suit the name "loop out" but alot of music is produced with a feature like this. i guess its similer to an echo out but doesn't quite sound the same.
have you also thought about building a gui for this plugin? it would make it alot more usable.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 3:20 pm
What kind of GUI would you see in this plugin?

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 7:52 pm
i'll quickly design one and email it to you if you'd like. dont mind if you end up using it or not but you can if you like.
love the plugin
Richard

Posted Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 2:52 am
Sure I'll check it out as soon as I have some spare time... :)

macourteau

Posted Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 4:04 am
Hi macourteau, have you given any further thought to this request ? I too could really use the modification described.

When mixing from one track to another, the plug-in works good as is, however when working it within a track, you do have to manipulate too much. Just so I am clear, I think I want the same modification described; So this would be a new variation of the "Loop Out" since we still need it to work as is. Maybe it can be named "EchoLoop". The modification should activate, as it does now, but the music should continue as normal "along with" the effect.... just like an echo effect. The difference here between what we are asking for and an "echo" effect is that the EchoLoop is on beat vs based on a delay time. Hope this makes sense to you.

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 8:36 pm
Hello,

I am currently working on a new version (with a custom GUI, based on an idea by djzero) of LoopOut. I will include the option to restore the sound at full volume after the loopout. Then, I'll see if I can make that 'EchoOut' too, based on loopout.

macourteau

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 9:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)