Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: WARNING about Hercules firmware, however time to MOVE on..HELP!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm done with the Hercules Mk2, I still cant believe how the unit just went dead after trying to execute a firmware update which it prompted me to do. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DOING A FIRMWARE UPDATE!!! I wont hit on the manufacturer because I find the Mk2 to be quite useful and for the economies of scale, it would be totally unfair to bash the concept, but I always wondered why they leave any person, even a novice user to do something like a firmware update/flash knowing the fatal consequences...beats me...however,

I've decided to take an incremetal approach to my music and since have invested a lot in VDJ, I need some advice form you guys. I am trying to acquire as much info as possible in 3 things
1) recommended CD Players
2) recommended mixer
3) recommended interface to laise with VDJ 4.xx
4) Budget of 800-900USD

Its imperative for me to obtain all of these stuff before month ending November so please, assist me all you can about the Pros and Cons of same..THANX A MILL!!!

Regards

DJ_BLYNZ

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 6:37 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should return your console to Hercules and they will flash the eprom inside for you. If you don't wanna do that, find some PC or TV service, they have eeprom programator so you can open console, remove the bios chip and flash it again with the firmware you downloaded from internet. Don't give up from Hercules, it is a good unit and it is a waste to bash it to collect dust IMO. Flashing of bios should be around 20-30$.
Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 10:47 am
Hey Alf,

I've relentlessly tried all sort of instructions provided from Hercules Support. Heres the itemized set of instructions that was provided from support:

1- Disconnect the Console.

2- Shutdown the system. (Restart will not do, make sure to completely
shut it down)

3- Turn it back on.

4- Once completely restarted, close the MK2 mixer on the taskbar. If it
isn't there click Start, Run, type in taskmgr then click ok. Go on the
Processes tab and locate the HDJ2CPL.exe right-click it and choose end
process then click Yes on the warning message.

5- Click Start, Run and type in "c:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ
Console Series\Mk2\updater\hdj2updater.exe" -manual and click OK.

6- Hold talkover button on the console and reconnect it (make sure to
hold the button while plugging it back)

7- Now the DJ Console Mk2 Updater Firmware Controller should say boot.
Click the Open Ctrl... button and select HDJ_TUSB.dja file then click
Open..

8- Make sure there is a check mark in the Flash for the Firmware
controller and press update!

9- Unplug the DJ Console and plug it back.

10- Check in the DJ Console Updater if a firmware is now installed.

11- Go in the Control Panel and then into Game controllers.

12- Go into the DJ Console Mk2 properties and move the treble knob on
the right side of the console. If it works your good to go, if it
doesn't repeat the procedure from section 7.

IF update fails:

a) we need to know the error code.

b) check to see if buttons and axes respond in the game controller
properties

c) make sure that no LEDs remain lit when the device is plugged

d) check the DJ SDK DLL version (system32\hdjsapi.dll)

Here is where the main problem is~ 7- Now the DJ Console Mk2 Updater Firmware Controller should say boot.
Click the Open Ctrl... button and select HDJ_TUSB.dja file then click
Open..

I cant get to this module as the console isnt responding when I hold the talkover button, anyway ALF, can you PLEASE expound on the option which you have provided me. I have an important GIG this Saturday..THANX A MILL!!!

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 4:14 pm
I've provided 2 screenshots of the last state....

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 4:36 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well, I don't have a console yet (should be here today, I hope) so I don't know the firmware upgrade process. I would like someone who knows and owns the MK2 help us here on this issue. I explained above what you should do if you don't wanna return it to Hercules and you don't mind about guarantee you have for console (should be 2 years). You maybe didn't flashed firmware right the first time so it is probably damaged. This happens sometimes with motherboards bios and than we remove the bios chip (it is not weld to the motherboard circuit, it has a socket like CPU's) and than we flash it with eeprom programator with the old or a new firmware. It costs around 20$ to do it and eeprom programator is around 500$ so it is not cheap to buy it just for this. But you will lose your guarantee when you open a console so the choice is yours.
Regards
Alf

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 5:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)