Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: question for Herclues Users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
would you say that it is worth it and are you satisfied overall?

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 6:12 am
rice4uHome userMember since 2004
man... you wouldnt believe what u could do with just the hercules itself. all i do is hook up my hercules to my laptop and amp it up to get the party started. i've done so many successful parties with a bunch of people dancing just with the hercules, so it's given me a good rep as a dj. its all about the mixing skills, and just using that dj console makes it so much easier.

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:19 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes i love the mk2

so so easy and so so stable

gives u alot of useful features 2 :)

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 11:01 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
LOL stop you guys, I can't wait mine to arrive :))

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 11:44 am
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right now I have two TTX-1's, two Axis 9's, c-loops, Korg Kaos Pad and a PPD9000 mixer (yes I am a Numark guy). What amazes about VDJ and the Hercules is, I can get the same result from VDJ and the Hercules. Plus the portability, being able to go on vacation, and mix in my hotel room seems like fun.

Also a decent pair of monitors to travel with is the M-Audio BX3's. They are self powred and run for $100.

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 1:41 pm
vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree with everyone here. Maybe it doesn't look very professional, but it is definitely fit for purpose and it works great! I love it too.

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:10 pm
Don't let the price fool you. People say it is a cheap toy, but I can tell you, it is a very good controller and soundcard. I use it with timecode cds as well as stand alone (with laptop for smaller gigs) and I tell you, the herc with vdj4 is a sweet combination.

You wont be disappointed. Just make sure you have the latest drivers installed and you are good to go.

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:28 pm
Oh WOW !! I know what I want for X-Mass now. By the way, I have a choice. Get VDJ and use it with just a mouse or get the herc mkII. Will it work just as well with Atomixmp3?

keep the beat sweet

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:08 pm
As a a controler and basic soundcard it definatly was worth the money, the only thing that I don't like about it is the slow ASIO drivers for timecode, it makes scratching very unflattering. However, if you're not a heavy scratcher it does fine, other than that it's great;^]

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:23 pm
For the money, the Hercules is definately worth it. I have one of the orignal controllers and it was well worth the money.

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:35 pm
the only problem i got is the crossfader and the jug wheels are to close and i keep hitting the jug wheels when using the crossfader

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:07 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Simple answer is that the Original Hercules console is a waste of money
But the MK2 is awesome, it's corrected most of the failures with Original Hercules.

Many of the image conscious DJs here have a problem with the Hercules (MK2), but my guess is that most of them haven't tried one, it's only ever served as an image enhancing tool for me (and yes I've taken it to a few Super clubs (lets say 2000 capacity), got nothing but compliments. It really does look like a great tool under low lighting especially, and more importantly the functionality is amazing considering the small surface area, it's basically a Good soundcard with free controls, I called it "One of the few bargains in the DJ industry" when it was released, and it's still leading as the budget controller of choice.

What's missing with the Herc?
Well it definitely needs a Hardware mixer companion to best enjoy mixing with the Herc, I don't personally touch the mixing controls, it's best seen as a Dual deck/Soundcard interface, if you see it as a mixer as well you will be disappointed (if your planning on using it professionally).

And of course lastly it doesn't have Touch sensitive Jog wheels, so if you have an aspiration to scratch you should look at an XP10 add-on/alternative, or TCV/CD.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hes bought it now so all is good :--)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)