Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to put the songs names in a record mix?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BahiqueHome userMember since 2006
Hi to all. I have Virtual DJ and I made a mix with some several mp3 that I have in my HD from my laptop.
The result is nice to me. When I hear the mix I don't see the names of all the songs that I mixed, only teh name of teh archive.

I know that Virtual DJ record all in a long only archive. My cuestion is:

How can I put the names of the songs after complete my mix? The idea is that when I hear my mix, I an see in my mp3 player the neames of the songs involved on it, cause, imagine that I don't want to hear song 3, but wanna hear the 23, do I have to slide te bar until the song appears (hearing it)?

Thank you, and excuse my English, it's not my original language.

Bahique

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 12:59 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yeah..don't think that's possible. you're talking about playing it in media player or something? it just plays the file name. you can probably do this with editing software like Nero or Cakewalk or Adobe...etc.. Not bad on the English so nice job :) cuestion = question. :)

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 1:59 am
You can't do it with MP3 files, but you can do it on a CD with CD-TEXT. The information needs to be put in a CUE file. Click on this link for more information.

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 2:43 am
Well, thank you guys for your competent answers. I'll try to make a cue sheet with my mp3 mix.

One thing: can I do that with Nero?
Again, thank you very much and thanks also for the English teaching! :)

Bahique

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 9:19 am
One thing: If I use a CD-text, my original archives would be on .cda files or they stand as mp3 files? I ask because if I have a 300 mb mp3 mix, they wouldn't fit on a cd..:( ?

Bahique

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 9:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)