Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Another Question about burning vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When I burn records that start of quietly, I hear the sound my record going spinning under the needle. It is like a quiet scratching sound.

Is there a way to eliminate this sound. It is so bad on Some of my old records like Josh Wink's dont laugh, that I can not play it.

I can over process the sound sound, but I noticed that when I elimnate the bad part of the recording the good parts go as well.

When I burn my records, I dust them off, I clean the tip of the needle is there anything else I can do?

would buying a new needle correct this?

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 5:20 pm
Well, here goes. I don't think buying a new needle will work. You did not say what type of table you are using but on first guess I think you need a better table. I do not know what one to recomend, but a direct drive with a strong motor would be a good place to start. Also if its just the sound of the non-recorded part of the record you want to get rid of, get adobe audition or some other type of editing software and edit out the silence once you have recorded it. Adobe audition will also get rid of some of the scratches too.

I hope this helps and if I am wrong about anything I am sure some one with "more up to date" knowledge will correct me and stear you down the right path so that you can............

keep the beat sweet.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 9:32 pm
If it only happens on this track, it is the pressing. If you don't have access to editing software, you can use a noise gate. Most compressor/limiters also have a noise gate. You can set it to eliminate that noise. You can also get rid of it after you record.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 10:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)