Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DVD ripping question...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for any help,

I am using Promo Only DVDs.

let's say I want to rip and play Hips Don't Lie, but it is over 2 tracks on Promo only (say 58 & 59).
The music starts on 58 and carries into track #59.

Does anyone have any suggestions or if it is possible to simply do anything to get them to play continously so the crowd can hear both?

THis would be sort of playing the dvd on the DVJs and keeping the continous button on. One flows right into another.

any suggestions?

Thanks,

B

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 5:08 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
This is one of the reasons I like screenplay they don't chapter off the intros. I suppose you can rip them as 2 and put them back together in any video editing app with the .vob to .mpg extenstion change trick.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 5:45 am
THanks,

Will vegas Video work for this task of putting them together? If not what PC program do you recommend to do this?

What is the .vob to .mpg extension change trick?

Are there any programs that let you edit or combine .vob files and then just save them as still .vob's?

Thanks,

B

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 5:55 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
simply change the .vob to .mpg and you can drop them right into vegas put them together render as mpeg-2, then change the .mpg back to .vob

ps vegas is a great program i use it all the time for editing.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 6:03 am
cool stuff-

I just got my new laptop and as many recommend, it is being cleaned out so it has nothing unneeded running on it.

AFter windows is re-installed from scratch, do you think it is better to do a VDJ 4.0 new install from scratch (another download) or just copy the folder/files from my desktop whihc has it now?. The friend who is doing it said a new install would be better, but I am sure I would then lose "comments" and things that I have written.

is copying all the VDJ files over a good way to do it, and if so do I just copy the VDj folder or the set-up etc?

Thanks again.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 7:05 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kool :)

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 10:05 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just started using videos this week and I have a couple of questions if someone would please help.

I subscribed to promoonly, I read a post about smart ripper and used it to rip the files to.Vob
Is this the best way to do things? I don't mind the file size I want the best quality.

Questions: Is a vob file the best quality?
I read something about VDJ 3.4 not playing the audio correctly?

And one more. I bought another DVD on line and I ripped the files to vob and VDJ won't play them. (Error message)
Is this because of some type of DMR protection? I was able to convert them to Mpeg2 but the audio is terrible?

I hope I'm not "high jacking a post", from what I think I understand this is better than starting a whole new thread sine it's about the same general topic. (Video)
If I'm wrong about that someone please tell me I don't want to be a FORUM GOOF.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 12:38 am
djericPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It's simple ... Use DVDdecrypter .......... Put it in IFO mode .... Select the 2 chapter, and rip it ...
Rename the VOB file and that's it !!!!! I use DVDrip for single chapter video and DVDdecrypter for multi chapters video !!!!

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 12:49 am
@djrenne

Technically you are highjacking the post because you are asking a question which is different from the original subject of the post. You should start a new topic if you are asking a seperate question. The problem is now, people will have to specify which question they are responding to. But anyway onto the answering...

@djrenne

Yes VOB is the best quality you will get from a DVD. 3.4 doesn't do well with the audio but 4.0 works great with it. The reason you are having problems with some DVD rips may be because the audio is AC-3 encoded which 3.4 will not accept at all.

@Hoffman

Install from scratch. Just copy your *.XML files from your old installation so you don't have to re-analyze all you music again.

@DJ Cyder

Easier way to deal with VOBs in Vegas is to download the the trial version of Vegas Movie Studio, then uninstall. Vegas will then read VOBs without renaming. (Can't to play with version 7.0!!)

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 12:49 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The "rip dvd" module in VDJ seems to work for me. It's a lot faster than smartripper, on my system.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 12:59 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok now I'm an official FORUM GOOF. :^(
You were right, I loaded them in 4.0 and they play fine. (I tried 4.0 the first week it came out and it totally locked up on me requiring a complete shutdown (With a packed house) Now I'm scared to death of it and went back to the old version which has never failed led once in 2/12 years, I was so comfortable with it I didn't have a CD player loaded as a backup up. (Shame on me) but that's how good VDJ has been to me.

I was going to delete my post but since you answered other peoples questions I'll leave it with a promise of no more high jacking.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 1:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)