Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual Folder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The Artist column within my virtualfolders doesn't show the name of the artist. It used to, now I don't know what happened. Is this happening to anybody else?

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 1:22 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This is strange.., do the same songs show ok in normal browser view (folder) ?

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 2:50 am
Yes, they show up regularly(the right way) in the original folder.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 5:53 am
?

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 8:33 pm
When you save in Windows Media Player (I assume you use that) save it as artist-title - it shows up with the title in the Title folder and artist in the Author folder.

Someone on here taught me that trick - thanks, whoever it was - can't remember!

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:28 am
I re-did the files to my virtual folder again, everything was fine for about two weeks. Now the artist column has dissapeared again. Weird Thing is that it still remembers my bpm's and cue points. It just doesn't remember the artist column which appears fine in the original folder.
Is this happening to anyone else. The Windows Media Thing doesn't work.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 12:40 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
check the column has actualy gone and not just made so small it doesnt appear, try adjusting all of your columns and see if any appaear that you thought were not there!

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 2:21 am
Yeah, I did that. If I click on the actual folder where the songs belong, the artist column shows up but If I go back to the virtual folder, the artists dissapear. Anyway, I stumbled upon a way to deal with it. I switched search-across-all-folders on via registry. Now if I search for and find a song in the database which was missing an artist, the artist will be there after going back to the virtual folder. Which is very stupid. And after this, all the information will be there until I restart VDJ. Very, very, very weird. It desn't make sense.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 2:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)