Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VST support in VirtualDj4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

i hoped that the vst effects support could be improved in VirtualDJ 4.0 !

but no....

Still better in DJDECKS.

But perhaps i do something wrong. How can i choose a main VST effect for the main ouput to safe CPU ( i don't want to apply Both effect to have it for the 2 decks)

I can't save the VST preset or load a VST preset in all of my vst .dll effect.

The support of VST effect is still poor

Don't take offense. i'm just a little disapointed. I can wait for the next update

:)

Olivier

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:18 pm
olivierbergman wrote :
Don't take offense. i'm just a little disapointed.

I feel that way too.

What happened to the slideshow pictures and other options on the "Video" tab?

The options for complicated, but detailed output setups are gone as well, unless they have been moved. With Version 3.4, I set my 5.1 system to use the two channels left and right to use to connect to speakers and the other two left and right rear for my headphones to cue. I used those features.

Not to mention I had it freeze up my computer, but it's a great update, nonetheless. I noticed small issues as well, but I already filed support tickets for them.

In case, you're wondering, one issue is that the word "Performances", should be "Performance" without the "s" for the tab in the "Settings" dialog box and that the skins have minor placement issues with some of the elements. For example with the Basic skin selected, the two “BPM” buttons and the “Automix” button at top shift a little to the right when selecting the other skins. The "number one" looks different (blurry) in "Basic” & “Full” mode and shifts about two pixels to the right (nice and sharp) for “Full Video” and “Internal Mixer” mode.

I was being nitpicky I know, but I am just trying to help make Virtual DJ look more professional. :-) Graphic designers can notice all the “little things”.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:46 pm
I found the slideshow feature. For other people who don't know, go to the "Effects" tab and then click on the "Video Effects" tab and then click on "SlideShow". The "Text" effect is there as well.

I also liked how it defaulted to the slideshow if I was playing a song without a video. That feature was neat and professional. The "Slideshow Delay" bar didn't show exactly how many seconds are at what point , like when you change the "Fade Length" a popup box appears next to the mouse pointer.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:01 pm
GargantulaKon wrote :
I found the slideshow feature. For other people who don't know, go to the "Effects" tab and then click on the "Video Effects" tab and then click on "SlideShow". The "Text" effect is there as well.

I also liked how it defaulted to the slideshow if I was playing a song without a video. That feature was neat and professional. The "Slideshow Delay" bar didn't show exactly how many seconds are at what point , like when you change the "Fade Length" a popup box appears next to the mouse pointer.

Hi, can you help me ?

:)

i've no video effect in the video windows when i click on activate.

the slideshow doesn't work and others video effects. Only video files work.

and if i make several [ctrl] + V to open the video windows , VirtualDj4.0 crash

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)