Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV and other complaints

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I dont get it... $20 for ONE i repeat ONE TCV.... you can get SSL vinyl for like $10 why the hell is VDJ TCV sooo expensive... even the ground shipping (though better now to the US) is steep. I get shipped records all the time from other companies... unless i have a big order its never more than about $5 bucks... so what's the deal... $55 for just two TCV's!!!

And i know everyone has posted on V4 so i wont... just lookin forward to it.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:06 am
I dont get it... $439 for Serato...you can get Virtual DJ for like $190 why the hell is Serato Scratch sooo expensive!!!

;)

Maybe the difference in price between the software justify's a slightly increased price of vinyl. Plus, to be honest, I've spent more than $55 on a single record in the past. It's not overly expensive for something that means you can save money on digital download site and still use your turntables...much cheaper than $439 ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:40 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You've got to be kidding dude... right? If you're worried about a twenty dollar investment towards your DJ career (or hobby) then it's not for you.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:11 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well said chabonk ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:18 am
313ctroHome userMember since 2005
Quote :
why the hell is Serato Scratch sooo expensive!!!

Because you're basically paying for the high quality interface/soundcard. SSL's software is more or less free as anyone can download it. And VDJ isn't that much cheaper anyway, in fact it's usually more expensive once you add up everything!

VDJ = $190
Soundcard (U46DJ for sake of example, probably the cheapest and recommended card to use for TCV next to the Maya44USB, but since the Maya's not readily availible anymore..) =$199 lowest price I could find, up to $220 elsewhere
TCV = $55

190+199+55=$444

$444>$439

And that's for the midrange U46DJ card. Get an Edirol or higher end firewire card, easily into the $500-600+ range.

And for now you can't just drive to your local dj shop and get a pair of VDJ vinyl like you can SSL or FS. You have to wait for shipping. Time is money. You expect me to tell my clients I can't do the gig because I'm waiting on my replacment TCV. What if there's another VDJ TCV drought like there was in the past (unlikely, but still). And it's not just about the money, it's the convience factor. But maybe that will change when Numark V.V. comes out and stores will carry replacement TCV, since VDJ and NVV use the same vinyl, right?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:17 am
313ctro well said!! those were my next points.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:21 am
The Numark and the VDJ time coded vinyls are the same. Within some time those could be bought by each store that sells Numark.
Ewout

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:33 pm
313ctro is an SSL user frequently visiting VDJ forum to try to convince users to get SSL;)

Its just comic... ;) As soon as VDJ4 is out, he tries again.. ;)

Guess the SSL forum got boring or something...

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:36 pm
313ctro wrote :
Quote :
why the hell is Serato Scratch sooo expensive!!!

Because you're basically paying for the high quality interface/soundcard...

190+199+55=$444

$444>$439

And that's for the midrange U46DJ card. Get an Edirol or higher end firewire card, easily into the $500-600+ range.

Mate, I was taking this piss. But your prices are way out, especially for us UK users. All together, with the TCV, my VDJ cost me...

Software = E149 = £100
U46 + P&P = £65
TCV x 2 = £30
TCCD x 2 = cost of blank cdr = £0.40

Total Price of VDJ
£195

Price of Serato
£439

Price of Final Scratch
£495

hmm, remind me why I didn't care in the slightest about paying £30 for the timecoded vinyls again ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)