Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Song Load Error indicator

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
either during autoplay mode or live mode a song load error simply causes 'erro'r to appear in the deck.

In Autoplay mode, the music stops and I get busted for not being in the booth. Live, I often miss this and have to scramble.

What I would like to see is an improved warning system in live play, and the option to automatically load the next song during autoplay.

I would like songs that have caused errors to marked for future reference.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 4:23 am
If you update your search database regularly this will happen far less. In most cases the error is a result of a file that is moved or deleted.
Scan your harddisk again: VDJ->FileBrowser->Right click "Local database"->Scan HD.
Ewout

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 11:36 pm
I have been getting caught with videos that I could not play back ( Protected content? Old PO Hound Dog Video Series). They look like they load but no audio... probably me screwing up. I know that.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 12:43 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
things dont allways work, having a program that can work around errors is better than a program that requires there to be no errors to work properly

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 2:33 am
I fully agree. This (these) are only suggestions to improve a good product. Not a complaint.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 3:56 am
we know that ;-)
First we will have to see what VDJ 4 will bring us. We could post improvements additions here if we miss something and I will know for sure that lots of them will be implemented in the later versions.
Ewout

note, After VDJ 4 is released I will try to create an ultimate wish lists, with all wishes, requests and improvements posted in this forum (if still applicable). More info on that later

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 11:00 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes it would be usefull.
Scanning is a solution to a new tracklist but it doesn't change the previous tracklists saved.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 12:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)