Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: anyone know of any good midi mixers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i am looking for a good mixer with a midi crossfader to use between my turn tables. i need it to control the crossfader on vdj because i do video & i link the video to the audio crossfader in the program. i use the dj console now but it just a cheep toy. i have heard about the ECLER NU04 but i have looked everywhere on internet & nowhere does it say in the specs that the cross fader is midi... only channels 3 & 4. does anyone know of any others?

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:16 pm
SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:35 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
XSession, although priced toy cheap, works awesome for me.
This allows you to split off the audio and use the keyboard for the video trans.

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:47 pm
Got to agree with Rick on the X-Session, When I got it I was suprised how well it was built, man that little thing is a well built little monster.

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 7:43 pm

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 9:53 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm sure norway means Nuo4. Nuo5 is very limited with midi features.

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 1:11 am
clayPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Allen & Heath XONE92

No Doubt.

The 92 is built like a freakin' tank and will last you for a LONG time. Midi out w/ fully mappable crossfader.

Cheers!

Clay

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 2:39 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You can get the Griffin Powermate for under $50, and use that to control a few things, like video crossfade. Pern has been improving his mapper for it, and it's getting better. It's not perfect though, because of the way it works... a MIDI fader would be better.

Talking about the X-Session, I'd like to know what people use all the extra knobs and buttons for when it comes to Virtual DJ... the crossfader is nice and handy... but what can one do with all the knobs and other controls?

I guess you could use it as volume and triggers for the samples, as an example... what else?

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 8:59 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Top row:
HML Eq, left deck, Gain left, Gain Right, HML Eq Right deck.
Bottom row:
Deck Vol Right, Vol Main, Vol right, open, open, open, Phone Mix and Phone Volume.

Buttons are asigned for Video Trans 1-6, Pitch reset Left, open, Pitch reset Right, and momentary match.

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 11:46 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cool, thanks.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 2:52 am
Could someone expand on the comment made about Ecler's Nuo5 being limited with regard to MIDI controls? This means that the Nuo4 is actually more responsive to VDJ?

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 4:24 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes I was about to buy a NU04 the other day, but then I saw a NU05 I didn't even know there was one. But after looking at the features I just got confused, and now don't know what to buy?

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 2:40 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've just purchased the Nuo4 mixer last week and currently setting the commands with vdj. I must admit its bloody brilliant.

I was talking to an ecler representative/distributor and he told me to go for the nuo4 instead of the nuo5. Apparently the crossfader on the nuo5 doesnt send midi signals and does not have a dedicated row for midi like the nuo4. The advantage of the nuo5 is the non contact crossfader which feels like butter which you can upgrade on the nuo4 though, and the edi lab software that comes with it. That allows you basically to create your own effects.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 6:20 am
ALLEN & HEATH XONE 3D LOOKS LIKE THE !!!!

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)