Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: A Better Way To Find Old Posts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This has nothing to do with VDJ's software, just VDJ's Forums. There needs to be a better way to locate old posts. I've tried entering my name in the search field, but that MIGHT get me one of my old posts. It didn't get me any tonight. I suggest that in the greeting area, after sighning in, that a link be available. For example, my greeting reads "Hello, Eleazer! You have written 56 messages." Perhaps, the "56" or "56 messages" should be a link to all the messages that I have written. I just posted a question that I asked before because I can't find my old post. Just a suggestion.

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 7:11 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
forum search doesn't work if you type the name who wrote the topic. Known problem, but if you know what did you wrote in it, you can remember at least 2 words and try to type them in. It will find your post for sure.

Your suggestion is not bad :)

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 10:30 am
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes, your suggestion is not bad, but, if you add a link on the "56" messages that you've written, you can read again all the posts that you've written. if the messages are, for example, "875", you have to search what you want in "875" posts!!it's a little complicated...but, it will be "comfortable" that instead of a link with all the messages that you have written, the team adds a link near the words "you have written 875 messages - last login: ..." with the threads or topics that everyone added like this
Hello Matteo ! - You have written 875 messages - You have added 69 topics - last login : Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 10:20:50
so, you can found what you're searching with more ease!
I hope you agree with me!!
bye

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 11:02 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
joetman, that is a good suggestion. Also, if a link were to be created, the resulting page could have all the posts arranged by area, such as "hardware support", "software support", etc. The person doing the searching should have an idea which area the post he is searching for is located. That would make the search easier.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 1:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)