Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help help help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A friend has sent me a cd packed with great stuff, mixed but track marked.I have put the tracks on to my computer so I can mix them myself.but the problem is the bpm goes out on some of the tracks because he is speeding or slowing the tracks a bit as he mixed them for the cd.the question is can I get some software that will take a track that speeds up a bit half way through and record it so it stays at a set bpm???

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 2:48 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
well.. you can do almost everything with audio files, but i don't know software that let you speed up just a part of song in case you don't cut it into 2 pieces. I think you win't be able to do it. But you can get original songs if you know titles, tight?

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 3:07 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's possible, and it's easy, but it's a totally manual process.

You need to put the mixed track in VDJ, start a recording, play the track while moving the pitch slider up and down to straighten the BPM each time it is necessary. Doing this you'll record the same track but with less BPM variations.

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 3:13 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well... he was asking about software. Using vdj it is possible, but you wont do it 100%. But worth a try.

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 3:19 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, I didn't miss that, but I'm not aware of a single program that can really do this simply and flawlessly. This job is really too "human" for a program...

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 3:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)