Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VB.NET 2003 Support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does anyone know how to create plugins using VB.NET? I don't see any support in the developer section and the VS.NET support is only good for C#. If anyone knows how to create VB.NET Plugins for VDJ please let me know (or VB6, for that matter I will convert the source myself, and post it here).

Posted Wed 16 Jun 04 @ 4:58 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The native language of VDJ is C++.

Moreover, DSP often needs a lot of power.

That's why, C++ and C# are the best way (and the best language) to realise effects for VirtualDJ.

You can do effects with other languages as COM objects I think, but we don't provide support for this by now.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 5:37 am
I understand that. But VB.NET is much more powerful then it predicessors and is an OO, COM Language. Which means that it should work fine. I was just wondering if anyone had any examples to get started.

Thanks for the info though.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 1:59 pm
P.S.: I don't think VDJ supports the .NET Framework (if that's what you mean by VB.NET)... I guess there's a way to make plugins in VB (as it's written in the developer section), but I don't think it would support VB.NET (even though I might be wrong...)

macourteau

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 3:18 pm
As far as they say in the developer section. VDJ does support .NET framework. they have a plugin wizard for C# - Unfortunatly I don't understand C# or C++ that well to convert it to VB.NET. If I had some white papers as to the calls, declerations etc... I would be able to convert it to VB.NET or atleast give it a good attempt.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 4:21 pm
I installed the wizard available in the developer section, and I can't see any wizard for C#... If there was one, maybe I could help converting it to VB (with my "small" knowledge of VB, since VB.NET is a lot like C#.NET, and C++.NET (it's all the same functions -- just called differently...))

macourteau

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 5:54 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Right.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 8:55 pm
mac,

I sent you an email with the wizard. mind you it is for VS.NET 2003 - I am not sure if it will work with older versions of .NET framework.

Also here is the link to the wizard from this web site:

http://www.virtualdj.com/support/developers/vdjdspwizard.exe

PS - If you are able to use this wizard and need help converting it to VB.NET please don't hesitate to ask me.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:28 pm
I was already using this wizard, and it supports only C++ projects... and it's "unmanaged" code, which means that it doesn't support the .NET Framework. That's why I can't really convert it to VB (due to my lack of knowledge in VB). I wouldn't know how to convert the .h file to make it work in VB...

However if someone has working C# code, I could give it a try.

macourteau

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:55 pm
Thanks for the effort, If I have the time this week I will go through the code and see what I can do, If I have any questions about the C++ code, I will post them here. There has to be a way.

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 9:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)