Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Turntables

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can somebody now something about turntable Arija (it was made in USSR), can it use with time code?

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 10:56 am
It loks so:

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 11:04 am
I think the turntables will work.

Is more of the soundcard used.

Check this: TCVs

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 11:10 am
You most likely wouldn't get satisfactory results with that turntable, it appears to have no pitch slider and has definitely not been built for DJing use.

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 11:24 am
But it had pich control

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 9:30 am
Maybe we can't see it with this image only...

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 11:45 am

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 11:57 am
In terms of DJ'ing, pitch is different to the RPM selection. It may have the ability to switch between 33 and 45rpm but you need a variable amount too, i.e. the ability to slow and speed up the turntable by a percentage such as +-8%.

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 5:14 pm
It had bmp control every turntable what had this disk with light had pich control

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 10:56 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes but I think its only for fine pitch adjustment. Nothing to do with +8% ou -8% pitch. You must be around 01% or 02%.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 11:51 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
bodypain wrote :
It had bmp control every turntable what had this disk with light had pich control

Just let it go man, this turntable obviously wasn't built for DJing. If you want to try it yourself, purchase a timecode vinyl and experiment with demo version of VDj. But if you're into real DJ business, I suggest you save up some money and purchase some professional DJ turntables.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 12:09 pm
bodypain

Any turntable with pitch can be used with vdj and tcvs it doesn't matter the brand, ewout.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 5:48 pm
i think body pain have to buy a god TT's like techniks or others
go to www.todjgear.com and go to choose your favorite TT's

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:03 pm
I need this truntable, because i make partys in my schol and i want use timecoded vinyls.

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 10:15 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's great, but do you even read our posts? If you need this turntable that's your decision, but it probably won't work. There are other turntables on the market which you can buy. Or not. All info regarding timecode & TT's was already written, so can somebody end this discussion by closing topic?

By the way, you don't actually "need" timecode control for school parties, mouse and a full legal version of VirtualDJ software will do just fine.

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 11:14 am
Yes, for school parties you only need vdj pro,mouse and keyboard as erxon mentioned along with a good configuration with your shortcuts.
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 5:01 pm
That turntable looks like a belt driven turtable, which are no good for dj'ing. Either scratching or backcueing are nearly impossible with belt drives. If all you need to do is play songs after another, you may be able to get by with the herc mp3 dj control (not sure about other countries, but runs for about $150 in the states). It comes with the home edition software but you don't get any headphone cue as far as I know, but if you're only gonna play songs back to back you don't need all that. If you wanna use a turntable, direct drive is the only way to go, sorry;^]

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:11 pm

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 2:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)