Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Analyzing songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have been reanalying all of the songs to update the database and I have had to resolve to doing it in chunks. I mean, I will do about 100 at a time and then save. This is okay except I can not live in front of the tube. I have about 10,000 songs so you can do the math there. The problem is every so often something tries to open IE. It is not connected to the internet but it causes VDJ to lock up and everything it has scanned thus far is gone. I have to do the dreaded cntl+alt+del and close in task mngr. At least I only loose about a hundred or less songs worth of data. I have tryed closing any processes runing down the minimum. I think I have about 15 running. It does not do this if I am playing music just analying(thank God).

Any idea what may cause this?

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 3:12 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is this by any chance whilst using a laptop with a "Mobile technology" CPU? or low spec desktop CPU?. Just my first thought, let me know.

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 3:18 am
It is a rack mount with a pent IV 800mhz fsb motherboard. This machine was custom built 1 year ago for this type of work. 450 watt power supply, dual nvidia geforce 5500 video cards and Delta MAudio 410 sound card. 60 gig hd for apps and a 250 gig hd with media files and 1 gig of ddr400 (2x512) of ram it does not have a wireless card in it, though at times would have been handy.

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 3:28 am
I think the 800mhz he's talking about is for the "Front side bus", not the speed of the processor. I don't think you can get a P4 with a 800mhz chip. Do you have auto update activated, or any other app that has a auto update feature. I have my anti spy-ware/virus on auto update, but it does not cause any problems for me.

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 11:46 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A Man and His Music,
I realised after posting, I misread his sentance :), easily done when I was convinced it was lack of horse power ;), because I've experienced this before with low end CPU's.

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 11:49 pm
any chance that some of the songs/videos you are trying to analyze have some DMR protection in them, making IE lanch to download or inform about licence?

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 11:55 pm
no my stuff is ripped from cd's. Unless Promo Only, which I did to use, or TMC has it. But I ripped with media player. I am sure that none of them have DMR. I have narrowed it down to the offending songs. 3 were from PO discs and 2 were from TMC.

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 2:39 am
BTW the cpu speed is 3.0 gig

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 2:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)