Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What is your favourite Lighting Effect??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

just thought it might be interesting to hear what people are using for Lights and what they would like to buy next.

Asymptote

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 10:50 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i like FLOWER effect at most! with some smoke of course ;) - cheap & great effect

or for oldies big ball with at least 3 different color lights :)

i rarely use strobo.

I would like to have laser effect lol :D for 13000 eur :))))

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 11:28 am
Just look at my blog for pictures with this text.
I like the flowers. They give not that large amount of light, but are nice and turn on the beat of the music. The derby effects give much light and a lot of beams. The martin scans are nice for lots gigs. Par cans are nice for ambient light. The martin strobe gives very very much light and could flash for 2 seconds full power...
For future I'm planning to get 4 robe spot 250 at and 4 robe wash 250 at.
Ewout

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 9:06 pm
Hi Superstrom

thanks, I'd looked at your blog with the other post on setups. Your lights look good. Bery functional and not 'over the top'. I like the Derbys too.

Asymptote

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 9:12 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My ropelights, pin spots and 4-channel light boxes... Oh and the whirly police-car light. Those were the days... ;-)

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 12:49 am
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use the chauvet's tetra system. They have been road warriors. I use a couple of chauvet's zx effects for scanning. I use them almost every friday and saturday for 3 hrs min and up to 6 hrs or more and have held up nicely for 2 years. I like'em

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 2:30 am
I've still got some ropelights rolled up in my garage. I sold my traffic light boxes on Ebay a couple of years ago. I remember people being quite impressed with a little Martin Ministar in the early 90s. I 'll try and take a photo of my rig over the weekend, although it's not finished yet and post it asap.

Asymptote

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 10:36 am
bang for buck, hands down, the best non intelligent light is the martin raptor... no duty cycle, bright, 70+ beams, and it covers a HUGE area. as far as dmx light goes i love my deluxe scan 250s they are awesome for the price. check out my blog for pics.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 6:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)