Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules DJ console at Argos!!! Is it mk1 or mk2 ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yes believe it or not argos in the UK are selling it for £85 and they have it in stock, well they do in Halifax, West Yorkshire.

Also............. for and extra £15.99 product replacement cover for......... wait for it....................

3 YEARS

Does anyone know if this is a mk2 or just a mk1. Can't really tell from the picture.

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 2:14 pm
do you have a link?

I have both consoles (mk1 and mk2), so should be able to tell the difference:)

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 2:41 pm

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 2:50 pm
just a side note...

the mp3 controller version of the console does not have a soundcard inside, hence the low price

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 3:20 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hmm, now that's interesting - I didn't know that. Do you know if this version's controls are more similar to the mk2, as in the mk1 button issues have been resolved? I assume the control compatibility for this is the same though. Thoughts?

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 3:31 pm
now, that is the million dollar question, because the mk1 has bad buttons, and build...

I havent tested the mp3 version, but it does look a bit like the older mk1 version

See for yourself;)

Hercules MK1 (outdated version):

Hercules MP3 controller (no soundcard):

Hercules MK2 controller (inc 4.1 soundcard, headphone out, and mic in):

DEFINITIVELY not the same build... But not sure if MP3 is better than MK1 (first generation console)

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 3:38 pm
Its actually even cheaper on Amazon - £66.79. Pretty temptying, but only if the start button actually works as it should. Have unfortunately realised TCV is just too finicky to setup for live environements. Ideally I want XP10's without the soundcard and to be better built and cheaper :o)

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 3:47 pm
on the mk2 it works superb;) just as it should and super responsive!

The mk1 had like 2 physical contact points under the play button, where the mk2 have 8-9 of them

Have used MK2 for half a year, and its still rock solid, and SUPER responsive! just like real dj hardware...

only negative side, is the size and kinda toy-ish look (though its more "metal" and pro looking than mk1)

If the MP3 version is also super responsive, I'm not sure... but it might. Hopefully someone that has this version can comfirm if it works better than mk1 or not... But I see it has the same build as mk1 (the jogwheels on mk2 are ALOT better than mk1)

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 3:51 pm
I have the one in the middle - took some getting used to - but I'm getting there.

I bought a projector and screen last week - plug it in one of those and see what happens.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 11:15 am
Hi,

I've got the dj control mp3 version (i use it with a maya 44 soundcard) and havn't had any problems so far, havn't used either of the others but it seems fine to me. :)

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 11:23 am
Is there a way of disabling the crossfader in VDJ now so the Console/Control don't affect it (i.e. for use on an external mixer)?

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 2:05 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@tunic not possible yet. maybe in version 4 ;)

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 2:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 3:18 pm
The MK2 model can also disable the crossfader in the console control pannel ;)

Built in support for that

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:54 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i have mk1 and couldn't make it work with mapper :) my mistake? ;)

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:58 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its probaly a v 1 and v2 mapper

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 4:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)