Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer BCD2000 shortcuts XML - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apulHome userMember since 2006
Where can't i find your blog ???

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 9:18 am
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's available only for registered users..

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 12:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@fremdj Your blog didn't helped me more, thanks anyway.

I tried to setup VDJ and BCD to a stronger PC, and i had absolutely no problems with audio or anything else. Meaning that Behringer should change the minimum requirements to a quite stronger combination.
I am about to make my PC stronger soon but i had no problems so far with Hercules VDJ setup. Anyway ASIO drivers are not stable, i prefer to use WDM.
Is there someone who has played for hours with no problems on a VDJ BCD ASIO system ?

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 1:07 am
that's weird, for me works perfectly even the scratch wheel, but is ok keep trying

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 5:38 am
fremdj. What is your PC setup? I tried into a Celeron 2.4Ghz and it was almost dead. I tried into a P43,2Ghz and it was flying. That was my problem, i had a weak system. I am about to change that soon. Thanks anyway.

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 1:32 am
Sony Vaio, CPU 3.1 GHz,
2Gb DDR memory ram,
ATI radeon 9800 PRO 256mb,
sound card sound blaster audigy 2NX (now using BCD-2000)

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 9:21 pm
But what is exactly your problem?, may be is the way you run de programs, firts at all plug the BCD into your computer an turn it on, after that restart your pc (keep the bcd on) then start midi translator and make sure de midi in is BCD and midi out is midi yoke1, also midi thru must be able, now start VDJ and set up the sound card in advance mode as you see in my blog, now just turn on de midi mode in vDJ and start mixing.
Every time you close VDJ make sure you disable de midi mode in VDJ.
I've noticed some funtions in the original xml file that are not asigned and apears like this "nothing" in the sortcuts list, delete all of them because those cause conflicts in VDJ
If you want i can send you my personal xml file the one you see in my blog I know is in spanish but if you have any questions let me know

I hope this will help you.

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 9:37 pm
the problem was strictly audio with my "weak" PC (Celeron 2,4 Ghz).
I updated to P4 3,2Ghz 1GbDDR2 and everything works perfect. My point is that Behringer should update theire Minimum System Requirements for BCD2000.
No problem now. BCD is so far the best thing my money could buy. I'm happy with my choice, beside some bad rumors i've heard before.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 1:41 am
Word on the street is Virtual DJ has sold out to Numark and are keeping quiet till thier new hardware comes out, this leaves everyone who bought the behringer bcd2000 with a nice blue doorstop and no decent software (unless of course you use the workaround which is too slow to be of any real use)

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:49 am
to slow my arse turn on the bcd2000 open midi translator set three items and youre away. im running a celeron 3.06 chip £60 from ebuyer and 512 mb ram and have no problems your computer must be full of compleate tat and need a good clean up for u to be having that sort of trouble. here are some tips that might help some of you first off if youre using xp then 256 mb ram is the bare minimum to run' and most programs wont run properly without 512mb. next up is the hard drive make sure its not full of crap and make sure its tidy windows defrag is no good and more often than not will split your pagefile into multiple pieces making your computer have to do more work than needed every single action' something like perfectdisk 7 is mutch better. you also need to make sure your registry is ok and dosent contain lots of irrelevant entrys to programs that have been deleted but have left behind crap'tuneup utilitys is good for that job. then there is the hard drive itself now if you are one of those people who connect your hard disk to the same ide cable as your cd or dvd drive then stop it dont do it there is a well known fact that is true that the ide channel will only run at the speed of the slowest device on the chain so if you have got a hard drive witch is ata 133 then dont think that its going to work at that speed if its attached to the same cable as the dvd or cd they usualy run at udma 33 or 66 so having them connected to the same cable will be the bottle neck in any system and the same goes for memory modules you get my point i hope this has been of help.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 8:42 pm
please do not assume i am a complete muppet.

I have been building music specific PCs for the past 15 years and my laptop has more memory than I do.

For my style of mixing the response time of the software with the workaround is far too slow, if your just mixing tunes together its great i agree but cutting from one deck to other very quickly is a no go by the time the Xfader is back the software is only just starting.

Your advice is more suited to a bedroom DJ with no real understanding of PCs and the internal workings of windows

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 1:00 am
no offence intended mate the advise was not intended just for you but to a lot of outhers who do not have the experience that old gits like us do. i get what ur on about my latency on my bcd2000 is 10 ms and theirs still a fair bit of lag when trying to do crabs or transform even with hercules controllers there is lag i dont think the software can cope with scratch mixing or dealing with midi key/note info at high rates im in the same boat so for now ill just use my faithfull pdx2000 and analouge mixer for fast cutting and just use vdj for simple 4x4 house

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 9:23 pm
I finaly got my headphones to work thank to a few of you. My Asio driver set up was the problem. All I need now is my microphone and I am good to go. All this with out a midi yoke. I don't need the scratch wheel I have a XP10. So I am almost there just one step away.

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 7:04 pm
Well I spoke to soon. If I use the asio driver the controller. The buttons start to have problems.

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 11:36 pm
OmikrosHome userMember since 2006
does this xml file supports the VDJ v1 best? Because I've tried it with a demo version of virtual dj 3.3, but I have problems. The software crashes after some songs and I can't manage the headphone to work correctly...

Posted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 6:23 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
The headphone and the midi inputs work only in the PRO version, not in the DEMO

Posted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 6:30 pm
hi guys,

I used the method of juliocqb but i cant get it running right for the bcd2000.

I'm using virtual dj 3.1, but when I use the xml, all keys are messed up, for example;
- the pitch bend '-' button on the bcd is the play button
- volume slider becomes save recording as

Is there a way to make it work with 3.1?

I have also setted up the asio drivers as decribed a few pages ago, only problem
is the messed up keys.

Posted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:48 pm
try to set the key manual, mapping manual

Posted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:57 pm
And how do I do that exactly, in midi translator, in the xml or virtual dj?

I know a few things about Midi but that are really a few basic things :-D
Can u give a little tutorial or point me in the right direction?

thanx alot so far

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 3:38 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 4:20 pm
89%