Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual scratch won’t work with my camcorder.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It shows the video but it's all wavy.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:55 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Virtual Scratch is more of a toy than a real feature.

It isn't half as good as the Time Coded Vinyls, and it doesn't really seem professional anyway.

I think you would get better scratching using a djconsole than Virtual Scratch.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:04 pm
LeryanHome userMember since 2005
Waaaaay better! :D

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 4:02 pm
What djconsole do you reccomend?

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:36 pm
At this moment xp10 or hercules dj console mk2.
Ewout

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:40 pm
So those djconsole are better than using the VirtualDJ TimeCoded vinyl

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:38 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes & no. It's a matter of personal taste and style of mixing (and budget of course). If you're a scratch dj, timecode is a must. If you're more likely to play with loops, cues & effects, than it's a console for you. XP10 is something in between, a console with mapable buttons, and good scratch / nudge wheel. It's probably the best solution though to combine both timecode & console.

Regards.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 8:50 am
I'm using timecoded vinyl through a console. I like the feel of vinyl and the dj consoles are not touch sensitive, similarly the jog wheels aren't superb for cueing (in comparison to real vinyl). This is where timecoded vinyl are so handy, especially if you're a scratch dj. However, by using the dj console at the same time instead of another external soundcard you can still use effects, cue points, loops etc. The dj console also has a passthrough mode which still lets you use regular vinyl which is very handy. The disadvantage is the dj console has a higher latency than the dedicated soundcards; but this is only an issue if you use timecoded vinyl with the console. I have it setup with just under 10ms latency and it isn't noticable.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 9:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)