Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Numark Gear, is it all based off of Virtual DJ's technogly? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

WOW!!! all this new numark stuff sounds awesum, cant wait till it comes out, iv already seen the virtual vyinals, they look pretty kool, keep us posted!!!!

dj Benji

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 10:45 am
@Xeo, I'm sorry but you missed the "thing" I was referring to. Keep looking...

@dj-fat-al, I like your style of humour ;-) Are you dj-al from the Denondjforums?

@all, The video mixer is using Arkaos software. Could be a nice setup:
- 2 iCDX players, able to control the software with it directly, but also could play normal cds, mp3 cds / dvds as backup or for small gigs.
- Numark soundcard with turntable preamps, for using timecode (cd timecode is only needed if you would use other players than the iCDX)
- Nuvj controller, for controlling video, like the hot starts and the video crossfader
- proper laptop
- proper mixer

Interesting....
Ewout

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:00 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm now (almost:-) sure, that virtualvinyl is only virtual DJ with new skin and bundled with Numark hardware like Numark product. But when you look at this skin better , there is new effect changer. I think, that inside is now new sound engine (VDJ 4) .The Dissusion about it is here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/47564/General_Discussion/virtualdj_version_4_-_can_we_take_off_the_3_effect_slots_.html

Maybe this is the reason, why they were waiting with release VDJ 4.0 for the end of Musikmesse.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 2:24 pm
;)

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 5:18 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Very logical way of thinking..., so many smart guys here..
I like it !!!

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 5:27 pm
And most new versions came available on Sundays...
Ewout

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 5:39 pm

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 7:26 pm
no, not so much... stanton and ni where in cahoots from the get go in regards to fs. i would say this is more like sunlite and compuware. nicolaudie created sunlite in europe... sold it for a while, then elation came around and picked it up, put their name on it and have been selling it ever since as "compuware". nicolaudie still sells sunlite, at a slightly higher price, but it is EXACTLY the same thing.... the only difference is the name. the hardware interfaces (dongles) work for ether software. really, it's all about a big name company picking up a great product from a brilliant and small foreign company and marketing it here in the usa. nicolaudie is to atomix ans numark is to elation.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 10:04 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I dont know if anyone is familiar with the Lotus Elise???? small aluminium extrusion sports car by exclusive british manurfacturer Lotus. Great car.

Lotus were approached by Vauxhall/Opel to sub-manurfacture/consult on a new car to be called the VX220 / speedster. now Lotus used the well proven but under produced Elise chasis and Vauxhall distributed it as their own (same as they have done for the HSV) but soon people were saying why would i pay for that when i can get the original more hardcore Lotus. Naturaly Opel did not begin the project without a strict leagal framework to prevent the simmilarity become an issue. Lotus were not permited to relase a new version of the Elise for 2 years after the release of the VXR.

I assume you can see the similarites here and there are lots of questions raised about what restrictions Numark must have made on the development of the original VDJ product in order for it to not become a more attractive proposition. I assume the only advantage to the Numark product wont be limmited to a bundled audio interface and alot of numark stickers.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:28 pm
its 2 different products ;)

Virtual DJ will still be Virtual DJ, so all these stories you guys post have no relevance ;)

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:40 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
LOL for the stickers :)

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:46 pm

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:47 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Spoke with Numark, hdmix2 will be out around July, iDj2 and D2 Director around Aug.

man, that's a long wait.

-Dj Los

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:54 pm
wel thats where your wrong FS is hardware with a little bundled application and Traktor is DJ program in its own right with lots of extra features. As far as i have seen so far the only diff between a VDJ Timecode settup and a Virtual Vinyl settup is exactly as i said. Bundled interface and some numark logos. oh and a skin. Unless there are some other differences that will be brought to our attention soon...........

i dont like to be the one to ask these questions as everyone thinks im a negetive idiot allready but its weighing on my mind that ether they're gonna be pretty much the same or there are gonna be some dissadvantages to the normal VDJ version

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 12:26 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Virtual DJ will be a more FULLY featured software, simular to the fact that VDJ Pro is more feature rich than the home edition (which comes FREE with the hercules DJ Console).

There is nothing but A huge advantage here, it only means Virtual DJ is going to move onto bigger and better things. The most recent of those things will be 4 with the new sound engine, which has been asked for on this forum. Aside from that look at Numarks new controllers, and didn't Dev Staff mention something about effects?, relax everyone things have just got A LOT better!

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 12:36 am
what so the numark Virtual Vinyl is going to be a limited version of the new VDJ 4.0?

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 12:41 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes there will be some form of limitation, enough said. I just didn't want anyone thinking the opposite is true ;).

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 12:45 am
fair play

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 12:46 am
Numark normally takes the time after an announcement to get the products really in store. The CDX took them a year, the hdcd01 even longer. Hope that this gear would available soon. August for the iCDX would be ok for me. My Denon players are exacltly 2 years old then -> Time for an upgrade ;-)

All that is said before the official announcement from the corporate staff is just speculation. We just have to wait some days from now...
Ewout

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 1:24 am
Exactly ;) well said Superstorm

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 4:22 am
61%