Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can you save your video mixes on VDJ 3.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any way to save my video mixes. I mix them just like i do songs but it only records the audio. Can some one help.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 9:19 am
I don't think so. You would have to use an outside recorder, like a DVR, or camcorder, or VCR.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 9:35 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Thats what I did, works grrrrreat!
If you are going to buy one, consider the Toshiba, it plays auto load without having to go through the menu stage.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 11:27 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I use my same computer to record my videos :s

Use a capture device and plug the S-Video Out off my VideoCard to my Video IN of my capture device. The Audio comes out from 2 line outputs to the mixer (stereo channels 1 & 2) and I use the booth output of my mixer to record to the line in in My PC.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 2:44 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Acw,

we should tell them to do this you need a very very powerful computer. The easy way is like mp3jrick is doing with a stand along dvd recorder or a vcr camcoder

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 2:57 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Or use another computer as vcr... with just a cheap capture or tv card with video in, and vcr software.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 5:24 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You are right Cyder...

I'm using an Intel based PC, but it's and average motherboard and processor... good ones, but not the best... let me show you:

I have a D915G motherboard D915GUX to be more exact. a 945 is a better one :-) and 975 top.
I have an Intel Pentium 4 540 (3.2GHz, FSB 800, 1MB Cache) a 640 is better one also (I want a the new 955 to really have a powerful one)
My RAM is 1.5GB of DDR2 533MHz... maybe a DDR2 800 could be better :-)

I have a 4 SATA HD and I will keep them... I have 960GB in total, here is ok.

I'm changing my ATI X600pro video card for a 6600GT but a 7900GTX is a better one :-)

I'm also changing my soundcard, I actually have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and going for a X-Fi Platinum now.

SO guys I'm in the powerful PCs section, but in the lower one in that section ;-)

Good Luck!

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)