Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Suggestion about program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

manikiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i always enjoy all the program updates, but one thing that stays the same is that vdj has not stopped 'freezing up' for a second when one is either mixing or about to load up a song. i play alot of hip hop and reggae , and this really messes up my mixes .Could the development team find a way to stablize the program in upcoming updates.Like i said i enjoy all the new features that are bieng incorparated into the program, but i feel that finding a way to stabilize the 'core program' fully would be much more appreciated.
oh by the way my systemis , 3.2 ghz pentium 4, 2 gigs memory, no external turntables or mixer.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 3:16 pm
You have enough under the hood, so that is not the issue. This program is stable, and I use it everyday to mix mp3's, and video. I am mixing right now in da club, and on this forum, at the same time. This does not help you out, but let's just say it does not work on YOUR machine AT THE MOMENT. What do you mean by "freeze up"? Can you give us a little more info?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 8:13 pm
what i meant by freeze up was , sometimes when i'm mixing the waves freeze up for a second, and that sometimes throws the two songs bieng mixed to be out of phase hence ruining the mix. Thanks for your response.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 9:10 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does this happen only when you use the EQ's? If this is happening under general conditions then it could be because you have Time Stretch enabled, you might want to disable it if this is the case.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 9:16 pm
thanks for your input bagpuss, to answer your question i rarely mess with the eq's but i always have my time stretch enabled.don't get me wrong the program acts fine for most part, but at times it will freeze up for a second especially if i'm fading from one track to the other. the other thing is that i sometimes us the mouse point for most functions because i don't have any turntables yet. Thanks for your response.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 9:24 pm
Personally I'm using 512mb of Ram with a 2.6Ghz chip and I don't have this problem at all.

The only instance where this would occur on my system would be if I was multi tasking a lot (if running other memory consuming apps together with VDJ).

Maybe we should look in settings:
I recommend (in the current version) that you set Max Load: Always, reactivity: Fast, Limiter: Off, Time stretch: Off.

Disabling the Time stretch will give you better overall sound quality, the sound will be pitched so it's recommended you don't greatly alter the tempo of a track.

Hopefully in version 4 the timestretch will be more stable.

I Hope this is of help to you.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 9:45 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
sometimes when im mixing with TCV and ASIO loading a song on a deck will cause everything to stop for a second and the soudcard makes a noise because there is no music being processed by VDJ, the same buffer is repeated infinate times a seccond because everything is jammed up for half a seccond. this causes a NNEEERRRRRRR noise until VDJ catches up again.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 9:47 pm
Dj Xeo, that is exactly the problem i was talking about ,thanks for your input. Bagpuss i will try out your suggestions . Thanks for your response.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 10:01 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
there'r ppl who use way weaker system than urs so it could be something ur missing.

XP SP1 900MHz here. with 384MB memory. 32MB video. Darkman v2 skin. with no problems. infact i went to the Software Technical Support forum and was surprised how active that forum is.

---------------
Had a similar problem and a good virus scan with Avast anti-virus (free from download.com) cleaned up my system.
Adding virtual memory helps too.

so the ppl who come crying here u just know that a 900HMz athon, 384 memory, 32 video (1600x1200), Darkman 2 skin, sp1, always on avast anti-virus, always on sygate personal firewall computer has completely NO PROBLEMS. (then again i dont use plug-ins to be a real judge. that Final Scratch skin crushes the program.)

[yesterday] i went (and registered) to other dj software websites to see what they say about VDJ and most complaints was about stability but that i think is unfairly bashing VDJ. there were other good things said about VDJ.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 1:25 am
The program is rock solid for most of us :).

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 1:32 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Well for me, the more I have the more I can do... My actual system can handle VDJ and other 11 windows open with other programs and webpages :-) and I want the INTEL EE 955... Specs 65 nm, LGA775 2x2 MB L2 3.46 GHz 1066 MHz, Dual Core with HT and a couple of DDR2 800 Memories up to 2GB... A fine Video card, maybe a 7900GTX... What Can I said? I like this stuff...

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 12:38 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
wonder if VDJ would load on a cray research supercomputer?

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 1:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)