Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: buy of vdj and maya ex7 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hello to everyone,im using vdj for years for my pleasure,now i have the opportunity to play music at a bar,in 2 weeks,so i start preparing.i just bought the MAYA ex7 card,and during the week i ll buy also vdj.some questions:
the maya ex7,i just plug it,i didnt install any drivers(someone told me that is better this way),my laptop identified the card.also vdj,i could use maya as my first card and my laptop soundcard(audiomax) as second.now here is the strange part,when i play music with maya,i feel that the sound is more noisy,more bass.it sounds like it is more "flat" with more noise,when i mix 2 songs at the same time you cannot even understand the mix.there is not great difference with my laptop card,but when i use my laptop card the sound is a little bit more clear.i thought i bought maya to have better results...
any suggestions to that?

and second,ok ill buy vdj,i know the price i know everything,but im a little afraid with payment through internet.i have also a stupid question,lets say that something happens to my pc,and i have to format my hard drive,so i erase everything,can i download it again without pay for it again?because they will not give me any cd or something.

my first problem actually is more important,but i would like help for both of them,thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 11:12 am
Dj ZebHome userMember since 2005
I have the Atomix Program and all you need to do is to take the install file and do a backup on
a cd..Think its the same with Vdj?
and I think you will have no more problem with the Sound with the Full Program..

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 6:02 pm
As a registered user, you are entitled to full support, and free updates. You can put your license on as many computers as YOU own. If something happens, they will reset your license. They will not allow you to abuse this privilege. Your sound problems may be due to the version you have. We solve most problems by eliminating obvious things first.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 7:40 pm
how can it be a problem with my version if my laptop card has more clear sound than the maya ex7?!?
about my other question,ok im always afraid of giving my credit card number,but i ll do it and hope that everything will be fine.my big problem is the first one though.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 8:17 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In regards to payment, the transaction is done through a special secure page, it is perfectly safe to make a payment through these methods.

As for the Maya, would it not be worth installing the drivers?, the purpose of the drivers is to avoid the very problem you have, forgive me if I'm wrong because I haven't used the Maya product, but using a products driver is (generally) a universal rule for proper functioning of a device.

I hope to see you as a registered Professional user soon :).

Regards, Bagpuss.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 8:32 pm
yeah one more thing is that u don't have to worry about paying again cause ur full install gets saved on ur profile so all u have to do is logg in and download it again or request it from eservice and they will help you out. all the other stuff(plugins, skins) u can download them online. u have buy the program though to be a register user.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 8:40 pm
thanks for the responses guys,you will see me soon member,
but im starting get disapointed,i installed the drivers of maya,not much difference,i ll check again tomorow because now its too late here to put the music loud.but except of that,something else happen,when the music plays some small skips,like scratches happen.even if the songs are fully loaded to virual dj.doesnt happen all the time,but happens.its for sure the reason maya ex7,i never had this problems before,this delay happen because is a usb card?i dont know,next saturday i ll play to the party and im starting to be really worried.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 10:48 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
are you In ASIO mode?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 11:02 pm
sorry dont know that,what is it?

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 2:15 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
In times like these u just wish u could VNC or Remote Desktop with people with problems. maybe thats something the Support Team (and/or VIP members) should think about.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 2:34 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
then again that's just a non registered user. and their opinions dont matter.

?!

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 2:35 am
no suggestions?

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 6:21 am
Niko
I to am useing the Maya ex 7,when u open up Virtual dj do u activate your Maya sound card. As default the on board sound card will activate only. Check that ? also you say there is no difference in sound regards to on board & Maya sound card..
Have you set the setting for the Maya .. Open up the control panel.
You should find a big difference if u adjust them ,hope this helps you.

Cheers Musicmatch

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 7:56 am
maya is always connected to my laptop,when i open virtual dj,as default card recognise maya,and as second card my laptop card,i dont have to change anything.the most strange part,is that i went to the settings,windows do recognise maya,i have installed also the latest drivers from internet,but when i go to settings i have very few options.imagine that the control panel has only speaker,wave,sw synth and cd player,and with laptop card i have at least other 4 options.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 8:06 am
Niko
When i say open up the control panel i am talking about Maya Control panel .

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 8:17 am
ok...where is that?i cant find it anywhere

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 12:20 pm
in the second cd the red one,there is the program for the control panel right?there it has only drivers for maya ex,no maya ex7,i have an icon in my menu,but when i open it,i cannot choose the options open settings and test speaker

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 12:50 pm
Niko
Try doing this uninstall your Maya from your pc or laptop ,when you reinstall use the drivers what come with the Maya dont install the latest drivers on the net,as i tried that and i could not open my control panel,for the setting .let me know if you come right.

Cheers

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 7:28 pm
just uninstalled everything it has to do with maya,i plugged it,i installed the driver,after i installed the control panel with the name MAYA EX,not MAYA EX7 i dont know if that has any role,but still nothing.i read also the manual to do it exactly with the same way,but in the manual says nothing about the control panel.i dont know

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 9:39 pm
Niko
We dont seem to be having any luck here..Use maya ex7 that is what i used?

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 9:51 pm
87%