Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cheap way to connect VDJ for headphones monitoring (READ)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I only have a normal sound card in my laptop so I designed a cable to connect with the mixer and works perfectly.
Get a normal RCA cable cut in the middle joint the 2 red leads and also the 2 black leads seperatly, you now have RIGHT and LEFT channels, at the other end solder a plug for you sound card output, then connect the RIGHT leads on 1 channel of your mixer the other LEFT leads to 2 channel on the mixer, go to configuration of the VDJ sound card and choose SPEAKER/HEADPHONES.
You should now be able to monitor any song in one of the channel while the other one it's playing to the public (EASY) and very cheap.
Use only LEFT channel as main output, if you have a DJ CONSOLE without sound card use the faders to switch between songs and the monitoring buttons for pre monitoring.
Maybe it looks complicated but it's very very easy it's a question of practice.
Just one smmal problem, you dont get a STEREO effect but that's not a problem try it out.

GOOD MIXING

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 4:44 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sound cards arn't expensive. Just buy another.
Or if your using a laptop get the Hercules Dj Console.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 12:40 am
usb soundcard for 10$ at www.usbgeek.com I ordered three and will try the quality. If it's at least as built in card in my notebook :-)

Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 9:22 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I tryed Sound Blaster Live 5.1 - 24bit USB and is working fine with external mixer. Price is around 70$.

Posted Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 7:56 am
I hjave the same Sound Blaster live 24 Bit and works excelent, front and rear channels for left and right mixing channels, also the Sound Blaster has a softaware that includes a 6 or 7 graphic eq, bass bost, and some other features. cost $ 49.00 in major comp. store specially the one with the geek squad in a new beattle.

Buy it, you won't regret it.

Posted Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 8:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)