Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why Don't you listen to Virtual DJ Radio? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
At the time of this post the following amount of people are online.."116 users and 252 visitors", I wish just 10% of these people would listen to Virtual DJ Radio: www.virtualdj.com/radio

Could I ask honestly why you don't listen? :), I know the music playing can't ALWAYS be to your taste, but it is for sure a diverse radio :).

If 10% of the people on this site right now were listening to Virtual DJ radio, plus the usual Friends we invite to listen to our shows, the Radio servers would be 100% full, this would not only give the DJ more to play for but would secure the radio larger servers to further invite more listeners/DJ's to our radio :).

Another question, if your a professional version user of VDJ why don't you sign up to be a Radio DJ and support the effort of our expansion?, the great thing is the diversity, every style is welcome!

(This thread doesn't apply to those already involved with the Radio and even those that occasionaly listen)

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 8:43 pm
To true Bren. I have often wonderd why there are so many visitors on the site but none of them listening to the radio

Nikki

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 9:00 pm
lmichelPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You know what would make me listen....

If someone did a radio show about VDJ !

Imagine.... How to's .... Hints..... Skin ideas..... Mixing examples where someone says what they are going to do and then mixes it so you can hear the difference... Mixing Video... VDJ 3.3 under the hood... and many other topics could be discussed.

lmichel

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 3:48 am
This has been suggested and is being considered :), I think it's a good idea, although the radio is music focused, we could for sure do some programmes of this nature.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 4:41 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Virtual DJ Radio I LOVE IT

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 5:31 am
I just turned it on then. First time I even knew about it. How do you become a DJ on it?

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 7:02 am
Hi Gus. You go to the radio forum at the bottom of the main page of the forum website and click on apply here to be on the radio. Leave a post withyour msn and email and a radio teamer will get back to you. simple as that.

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO THEN TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS. Don't forget the djs are mixing LIVE.

Nikki

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 9:42 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For me.... at normal timetables I am at work, easy to sneak into the forums, but hard to listen to the radio without being heard.
when I'm at home, I prefer to use the software myself.

:P

have a good day.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 2:17 pm
Bagpuss, I think there are several reasons the lintenership is low. I know for me, the problem in itself is a non-motivator. Meaning, that many DJs can't be bothered if only a few ppl are listening. If they know there are a lot of ppl listening, you'll probably see an overwhelming # of DJs sigining up. It's just like playing to an empty club, DJs would just rather put on a CD and go talk to a chick if the club is empty.

Speaking of girls, that would be a sure-fire way to get more of an audience... if the radio could somehow have an interactive forum where girls gather while listening to the radio.... the guys would come flocking [:o)

((( Interactive Radio ))) , thats an idea.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 5:41 pm
Maybe we could do what Radio one does, listeners can upload personal audio messages to the DJ, and the DJ can recieve and play them on air, that would be cool, if/when we get more listeners.

We will have increased listeners soon though, because there many many people working on it.

And all the "Radio DJ's" that left due to lack of listeners will want to return, but generally we have more coverage now than ever.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 6:13 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm one of the DJ's on Virtual DJ Radio.

I have a show every Mon, Tue, Wed, and Sat at 7:00pm EST or 19h -5GMT

"DJ City's Street Jam" is the name of the show and I play Urban Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, House, Old School Hip Hop, and Old School Funk.

It's all 100% LIVE...... No pre recorded mixes, Just CRANKIN JAMS and Crankin DJ's.

I listen to the radio as wellas DJ on the radio. We have many DJ's playing all kinds of music. I learn new styles and techniques from them.

Virtual DJ Radio is GREAT.

Hope to see all of you tuned in to the radio soon...
www.virtualdj.com/radio

DJ CITY

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 7:49 pm
It will be my dream to play on virtual radio one day but to tell u the honest truth it will have to reformat to get every body attention ,1 idea i have is that the moderaters can put an instant link on every page on the VDJ web site so easier access will bring more listeners ,what do u think about that idea.Another is the format at which each style of music is played so it will be ,lets say a 4 hour span of differant style of music played.The last idea i can give u is to do a poll on first timers who visit the site and just get music style which he or she likes and from there VDJ radio djs will know what style of music each listener like so the dj can change the style to sooth.[Just like watching people groove in a hidden dj booth.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 11:04 pm
Seanrasta44....

You need to purchase the full PRO version of Virtual DJ in order to apply for a DJ spot on Virtual DJ Radio.
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

Once you are a registered user...The whole world of Virtual DJ will open up to you. All the benifits, all the support, all the FREE UPGRADES (4.0 is comming soon), all the features. You just don't know what your missing until you purchase the full Pro version of Virtual DJ.

We would love to have you in the VDJ community and would be happy to have you mixing with us on the radio.

As for your ideas...we are already implementing them. We have been working on these things and other improvements so keep your eyes open. You should see the changes soon including the ones you suggested.

Do you listen to the virtual DJ Radio? I hope so.

I hope to see you soon as a regristered user.

DJ CITY

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 1:20 am
I agree with the personal messeges and shoutouts idea. When im mixing id love to put in some messeges from listeners...

Ive heavily considered advertising the radio in my area... What does anyone else think of this? Is it a good idea? I could go into my nearest djing shop and put a flyer in there, maybe some in the shopping centre as well.

Sean

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 8:08 am
That's a good idea, I've been thinking exactly the same, a lot could be done via the net but if enough people advertise in their local area it could increase listeners quite substantially.

At this moment we need a universal flyer in English.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:38 pm
My issue is simply there isnt enough hiphop/reggae on the radio. I do remember City light doing some awesome stuff, but I really just don't do dance/house.They're just not for me. I will try to expand my horizons though and listen some more.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 11:34 pm
I appreciate the compliment. It feels GOOD to know that people like what we do.

We have quite a few DJ's that do Hip Hop.

DJ CITY (Myself) Scheduled show times every Mon, Tue, Wed, and Sat 7:pm EST or 19h -5GMT
DJ Gague
DJ Listen2
DJ ManixX
DJ Bigg Sizzle
DJ Andre Landry
and a few more.

Thank you for tuning in and Please continue to tune in to virtual DJ Radio.

DJ CITY

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 11:57 pm
I spin hip hop/reggae/calypso myself, but with 22 credit hours in my last semester, I just dont have a regular schedule to commit to anything with. However, I will try to listen more regularly to the guys you listed, as I love the idea of VDJ radio and do want it to grow.

Lemme just be clear, I meant no offense to the other dj's on here, just not my style :)

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 3:35 am
kelkin pe me dire comment s'enregistrer sur virtualdj radio ?
Je ve mixer en live !!!!
merci

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 11:33 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Il faut avoir la version professionnelle tout d'abord et ce forum est en anglais

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 11:46 pm
61%