Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ripping Just Audio From DVD's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to rip just the audio portions from the videos (so I don't have to keep all those vid's I'd never play, but just so the audio is at my fingertips..). I'd like to have them in .wav format too. Will the ripped audio be the same quality as if I ripped if from the a CD, or will I suffer some quality loss from seperating it from the video?

1. What is the best program to rip just the audio from a track on a DVD?
2. Is there any quality issues that will arise from doing so?

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 9:59 pm
I use DVD Decrypter for all of my dvd ripping needs and it can be found at www.doom9.org

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 1:48 am
If you use 'DVD Decrypter', while you can seperate the LCPM audio at 48HZ, it stores it in a .vob format. If you read my original post, it mentions that I'd like to store them as '.wav'. Please enlighten me if 'DVD Decrypter' is able to preform such a task. '.vob' files are not desireable for me to store my audio.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 10:09 pm
You can then use something like "DVD2AVI" to get the .WAv you need from the .VOB. You'll have to look for DVD2AVI, I don't remember where it can be found/.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 10:41 pm
So if I rip from to '.vob' from the DVD and then convert the '.vob' to '.wav' with 'DVD2AVI', how true will the produced '.wav' file created be to the original? There doesn't appear to be any compression or loss in quality in these steps.

Also, since the PO DVD's audio is LPCM at 48HZ will this create a '.wav' file at 48HZ? I hear VDJ has trouble with 48HZ. Cyder, is there plans for 48HZ to be supported in the future release?

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 11:08 pm
DVD2AVI lets you produce 44.1kHz .wav. I think 48K is optional in settings. File produced is good enough... I don't think there is any change to it... it is just extracting the audio stream from the .vob

Are you one of those ppl whose music library is in .wav format ? If so, more power to u/.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 11:53 pm
I'd like to use 48HZ, but by the looks of some posts here VDJ has trouble processing 48HZ and 44HZ is best for VDJ.

Ya, my library is in '.wav' format but im thinking of encoding at 320 after VDJ 4.0 is release because of the full ID3 tag support.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 8:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)