Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How To Add My Own Samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been playing with the downloadable samples but I have a couple of my own I want to use, they are either wav or mp3, but the ones I download from here are .vdj files. Can someone please tell me how i convert my own samples to .vdj?

TIA

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 8:25 pm
Just place the sample into the sample folder. Open the sample module, click on the sample menu button(across from the number), click load, the menu opens, select your sample and you are done.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:40 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
to convert a sample to .vdj file, you must load the sample on a deck in vdj, make sure the deck is in default mode (with the tab keyboard button you can select the deck to be in green on default skin), then put in a loop on the sample, make sure it has correct BPM and the loop is a seemless loop then go to sample pannel and click on record loop or sample, then save the loop/sample in VDJ format.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 11:57 pm
My samples play fine, and they are .mp3, WAV, and .vdj. I did not do any of the things you just said. In my case, it does not have to be converted.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 12:12 am
he was asking how to convert to vdj files, that's why i told him how to, but of course wave and mp3 samples will work perfect.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 12:23 am
Mine wont, in fact if i drag a wav file onto one of the decks it wont even play! There may be a better way to do what i want to do anyway. I don't actually want loops, I want to put my jingles in there, so that at the F buttons I can just play a jingle when i want.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 12:49 am
then follow what the other user said.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 2:59 pm
You can have either or. All of my samples are jingles. I can use the F jeys or one of the tabs on the skin I use, Mix Station SU 04. It has 12 tabs. Works like a charm.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 12:32 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 1:34 am
OK, that part is solved, BUT, when you go to the "sample section" (button under the crossfader). You see 12 "PLAY" buttons, underneath these theres a smaller part , some say "loop" and some say "jingle". How do you differentiate? And, when you press play, what is it that controls if the sound gets looped or if it just plays once?

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 6:10 pm
If you put a loop in, that spot, it will say loop. When you press play, the loop will play. If you put a jingle in that spot, when you press play, the jingle will play. Now if you go lower, you will see 2 tabs, Loop and Jingle. You can record your own with these.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 10:09 pm
trying to load my sampels into virtual dj 8 but don't know how any help please will be welcome thank you

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:54 am

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:09 am
t2greenControlleristMember since 2015

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 4:05 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
just drop your samples in the sampler folder in VDJ Root Folder.
They appear in the left folder browser after launching VirtualDJ
create e.g. a new custom samper bank and just d&d the desired files into

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 4:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)