Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: holy union

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

digitally beloved, we are gathered here to witness the joining of a virtual dj and his usb mixer, the dxm01..

should anyone have any objections or better suggestions, let them speak now or forever hold their peace..

you may now cue the track..

DJ Rudra

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 8:04 pm
Who makes the dxm01? Do you have a link?

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 8:12 pm
made by numark..

www.numark.com, under products>>mixer

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 8:17 pm
tell me something...

i have on past occasions hooked up an external mixer to my soundblaster 5.1 live using EP to RC convertors, and played at a party..

why again am i going in for a usb mixer??

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 8:25 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
cause its higher quality because it only gets converted to analouge at the backplate of the mixer and not before, 0 loss of signal due to fader, eq, switches etc etc.
not that itl make much diff because VDJ (apparently) isnt that good for sound quality. personaly i dont think its that bad, certainly ive never been able to tell, even back to back with the same track etc.

ive tried traktor 3 (and i ive used most of the oens before it) DJ decks (but the TCV doesnt work) alcatec digiscratch, mixvibes and winamp. unless your using a major effect on VDJ or something(effects can be shite quality IMO) i cant tell that thers a differnce.

and to all those who know better im using a NAD C162 preamp into a NAD C272 300W poweramp feeding Acoustic Energy aelite 3's with an MJ Acoustics Refference 200W sub for renforcement.

computer audio in general is quie poor next to a good HIFI cd player but as computer audio goes i think VDJ is perfectly average.

google earth kicks ass!

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 12:26 am
"and to all those who know better im using a NAD C162 preamp into a NAD C272 300W poweramp feeding Acoustic Energy aelite 3's with an MJ Acoustics Refference 200W sub for renforcement"

please excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean, and do??

if i get a hercules mk2 and a dxm01 would i be good to go??

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 6:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)