Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Please help me to decide on HERCULES MP3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys
First of all a merry christmas to everybody, I would like to upgrade my setup regarding the VIRTUAL dj, I have been using it for some time time in all my functions and I'm quite happy with the way it works on my portable I have created shortcuts the works, but the other day I came across an HERCULES MP3 mixing table for about 120Euros and would like to know if it's worth buying or not.
I would like to get it has my christmas present.
Best regards to everyone.

DJ PAUL F

Posted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 8:47 pm
I got the MK2 a couple of days ago... Christmas-present from ME to ME ;) hehe

I would warmly recommend the new Hercules consoles... they work very well...

Although you might consider if to get the MK2 (with included 2x line in asio soundcard), or if you just want the MP3 version (midi controller, no soundcard)

Posted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 10:39 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
HMP3 is a toy, no headphones pre hearing ... if you use it for long you would want to upgrade to MK2. You must know it

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 5:25 am
But when you already own VDJ PRO (and the right audiocard) I'd say it's perfectly fine as you can plug in a headphone and prelisten..

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 1:30 pm
I have all my mp3 files stored in an itunes folder on my laptop. After VDJ searched the hard drive for mp3 files it did not show the 'artist' or 'genre' only the song title and BPM. I've got lots of blank spaces here and it's real hard to find tracks quickly. Can anyone help???

Thanks GB

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 1:13 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Paul F: Assuming you already have a decent soundcard and have prelistening, etc all worked out, and assuming that the Hercules mp3 uses the quality components of the Mk2, then I would say go for it, you will love the extra control of a piece of DJ specific hardware rather than keyboard shortcuts or even most other MIDI controllers.

Gary Adkins: You will get better response by posting a separate thread for your question rather than tacking it to the end of someone else's thread, but I can tell you that you just need to rename your files so that the name includes the title (and genre if that's what you want.) Itunes doesn't do this by default. A very nice utility for renaming files based on the ID3 tags (and vice-versa) is 'Tag&Rename.'

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 6:44 pm
just some quick questions..

1. how much does it cost?? didnot see any price on the site.

2. how will it connect to my computer(not a laptop)

3.how durable is it.. i heard lot of negative feedback on the hercules mp3 (i am assuming this is a huge upgrade)

4.if i get this, do i need the dxm01 as a priority or can i go in for that later??

5.also very important.. you mentioned two versions, one with sound card and one without. i would connect it to the soundblaster 5.1 live that i have.. also i dont understand the difference very well between the two..what exactly is midi control and how is it beneficial over the other??

6. how soon can i get it :)

cheers and thanks

DJ Rudra

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 9:05 pm
ok... bottomline..

how many people advise buying the mk2 and how many dont..

please folks.. this is an opinion poll..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 6:45 am
I have had the first Hercules console for about 2 years, and the new MK2 console for about 2 weeks now..

I would not recommend the first console for more than basic controlling, and a good beginner all-in-one package (with a GREAT soundcard though).

But the NEW MK2 CONSOLE, I recommend WARLY!
it a huge improvement over the old console.

- looks and feels better (metal casing)
- super responsive buttons (inc play button, that where a problem on the first console)
- improved jogwheels, and possible to disable crossfader for external mixer use (or use the console crossfader for video crossfade if you like)
- fully working ASIO mode
- native support for timecode use in Virtual DJ (connect turntables or cd-decks, and go! )
- support for hybrid use with real equipment, so that you can use HARDWARE bypass for real vinyls and cds (or even software bypass where VDJ controls, but a bit less soundquality)
- DJ CELS mapper!!! you can map any function to the midi control, so that you can get it to work exactly like you want... soon be released (the mapper)
- great soundcard
- built in headphone out for prelisten
- built in microfone in
- great all-in-one package for beginners w/ included midi mixer, and even great for building up to a more pro line later, connecting it to external equipment (mixer, turntables etc)

It connects to any pc (desktop or laptop) by USB, and is powered by the USB

Its very durable, at least in my experience, as the old console still works like when I bought it (although the first had its flaws, it has not gotten any worse by time)

The difference is this :
- Hercules Console MP3 (the midi controller only, no built in soundcard)
- Hercules MK2 (built in soundcard, with built in support in VDJ, both ASIO mode and regular WDM mode. Really an all-you-need soundcard, as it supports most anything you would like to use it for)

its widly available in most computer stores, and dj stores that sell also digital equipment

hope that helps :)

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 8:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)