Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Skin filter

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

From the dutch forum the following request came up:

Add a resolution filter to the skin download page. If you select filter 1024*768. You only see the skins for that particular resolution.
With this help you don't have to scroll all the skins looking for an appropriate skin for your resolution.
Ewout

Posted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 9:17 pm
Would like to comment futher on this issue, Thx Ewout for reporting this minor falw :)

What I would like too see is that V-DJ is going too support, from the program off, standard ohter resolutions. I work on a laptop, 17 inch widescreen with a resolution off 1440-900. When I use the default skin and make V-DJ full screen it gives me a unsharp image. Can work with it for an our orso but after that it messes up my head, feeling dizzy etc. Also these days, with the comming of LCD/TFT many people use their screens on a higher resolution. Just standard 1024-768 ain't sufficient anymore nowadays.

Also another problem, too me at least, did come under my attention.

Using the equalizer, bass, mid and treble, I get the idea that it is not working proper and I get the feeling the Equalizer uses the built in TK-Filter. SO the question to me erases, is the software handling the equalizer or the hardware ? I think it's the software but can't rule that out for sure.
What I would like to see is that the 3 based equalizer only handles the frequency's they are ment for. For example, when I boost the bass it goes way to far in the midrange frequency, so instead of boosting the bass it more boosts the midrange field. Same goes for the treble. When i draw back the treble it also goes way back into the midrange field. Basicly I don't want to use a external mixer in order to get the right parameters for these ranges. Dunno if it can be fixed aswell but for me it's, and I think for ohters, it's a major pain in the buttocks, cause it doens't do excactly what a equalizer should be supposed to do.

Thx for your attention, an answer on the isseu's would be nice so I can change some stuff in my setup till an update is provided.

Greetings,

Para

Posted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 11:01 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
no the eqs do not use the TK filter, it is true that they are not very high quality compared to an ecler mixer or a profesional software program but the sound engine in general is not the best it could be anyway in my oppinion. if you want to maximize a 4:3 ratio program on a 16:9 ratio screen there is going to be some squashing and stretching of the window, if this is done with aalising (cant spell it) the screen will look blury. use a skin edsigned for the favourite resolution of your monitor.

(ether that VDJ or make a new modualr interface that can be arranged as you see fit without having to eddit HTML XML and bitmaps)

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)