Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rate the professionalism

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

D-O-GHome userMember since 2005

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 6:23 am
well yeah they are mixed together fine. but i think i would kill a DJ if he played vengaboys lol. Nothing personal i'm just a hip-hop DJ.

-gauge

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 6:49 am
Hahaha. That was a test since I just assumed many people wouldnt listen to hip hop. If you have any I'd love to hear them, hip hop is my life.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 7:09 am
D-O-G,.. I just listened to your mix. Don't worry about what the haters say. I liked it,.. although I would never play vengaboys in any of the clubs I DJ at,.. it was a smooth mix. Getting advice is cool, but don't let negative comments get you down. Do your thing, and let only 1 thing be the judge,.. whether your mix moves the dance floor or not. If you let that be your guide, then you can't go wrong. Keep on mixin man.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:31 am
You know what anewsome? I could not have said it better if I had a year to work on it. Thats EXACTLY what should guide a D.J. Thats why its so important to have a large collection. "Whether your mix moves the dance floor or not." If one thing does not work, then try another.

I did a bad boy biker dance one time. It was a fund raising event for a fallen brothers family. I played stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Absolutely NOTHING got them or their women up to dance. I was starting to fear for my life, when some guy about 350 pounds (at least) and about 6'6" came up and said to me, "Do you have Glen Millers 'In the Mood?' " I said yes and he said put it on NOW !!

Well, I put it on fully expecting some one to shoot me.

The dance floor filled up and they ALL did the twist to it. I almost died with relief.
That tune got them in the mood and as long as I stayed away from disco, the floor was always filled after that.

You never know what will get them going.

And D-O-G? Absolutely nothing wrong with that mix m8

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 9:09 am
Smartest comment I have ever read on this forum :

"...only 1 thing be the judge,.. whether your mix moves the dance floor or not..."

Thats the ONLY thing that counts! You can be as techical dj as you want, but if you dont please the dancefloor, dont know how to "read" and move the crowd.... well, then you're not doing a good job :)

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 1:19 pm
i hope no one took offense to my comment, i didnt say it was a bad mix. i was just cracking on the vengaboys, and everyone here is right, play what the crowd wants to hear without them telling you.

lol i thought i was the only one with glenn miller tracks on my cpu!!!1

i must say i am a big band fan, must come from my saxophone days

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 1:51 pm
Vengaboys? at least they have great lyrics.... NOT! :) hehe

Boom boom boom boom
I want you in my room
Let's spend the night together
From now until forever
Boom boom boom boom
I wanna go boom boom
Let's spend the night together
Together in my room

Dont think I would have played Vengaboys too, if it was not a drunk silly crowd looking for cheesy fun ;) hehe

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 1:54 pm
Haha, very creative and were breakthrough lyrics at the time :P

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)