Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark DMX01 USB Mixer: VirtualDJ's (Second) Best Mate!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. Just to inform you fantastic Virtual DJ Posse out there. I've just purchased a Numark DMX01 USB Mixer to try out on the best mixing software there is: VirtualDJ. And for those who still love the physical mixing side of it, it aint half bad!!
After spending a little time getting the Laptop to configure (correctly) the dual soundcard option, via USB cables (x2), the mixer is a bliss! Basically, if you have a fully purchased copy of VDJ and are able to select the multiple soundcard option in the CONFIG menu, then you're laughing!!! No more fiddling with dodgy USB headsets to use as the headphone, or trying to do mixing whilst syncing the tune all at the same time with a mouse. Your Right hand controls the mouse, selecting and starting the tunes, whilst the left hand does the physical mixing - more natural I believe! AND at the same time, you can cue the next tune to be played, through propper headphones on the actual mixer. Added to the fact you can connect 2 decks and 2 lines-in as well. You can even record your mix back to the PC at the same time!! In my opinion: Adds up to a good all-rounder I believe!! And the price? I got it for £129. The sound quality is top-notch, and because the faders are digital driven, you don't get any dodgy electical noise caused by dust or wear.

Go on, buy itI I'd be interested in your views on this...

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 12:10 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
richardishelley,

Congratulations Richard!, hope some others can tell us their succesful histories too.

keep it good!

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 7:16 pm
please can u tel me exactly how do u do the transition from the vdj to the numark mixer via the 2 usb ports?

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 7:49 pm
ovi_satma,
please post a question in 1 thread only. In this case no multiple posts and replies will occur on the forum.
I already answered your question in the other thread.
Ewout

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 8:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)