Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Scratching with TCV's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just started using TCV's with Technics MKII turntables. The scratches I pull off sound kinda choppy and rusty(I don't have the exact word to use). The Scratches don't really sound clean compared to real vinyl. Has anyone noticed this or is it just in my head? Maybe i need to get better needles? I'm using Stanton needles. Let me know what you think.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 7:57 pm
well.. donno about the technical parts of your equipment...

But, digital scratch will never sound like analogue vinyl scratch.... :)
Its like comparing the sound of an analogue piano to a digital synth.... its not quite the same, but its close... :)

VDJ scratch (digital) would compare to a CD deck scratch (digital) on say Pioneer CDJ 1000 decks...

Not the same depth, warmth and analogue sound as vinyl... but close as it can be :)

Like a synth piano... Not quite the accustics and depth of a real piano... but as close as it can be..

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 8:24 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
that is very true but might only be half of the problem, it could be the needles and how they are setup. Do they work well on "real" vinyl? I have stanton 680's that work very well but i get a pop noise or chop in sound here and there, but also what i think happens is that when you scratch the TC signal drops and returns like normal, but if you scratching fast and for a bit of time without stopping it seems the signal doesn't have time to catch it breath and cause a loss or distortion in sound.

ouch

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 9:35 pm
Yeah man- I've been working with those dam TCV for about a year now, trying to get em to sound good with scratching...but it just doesn't work. I finally just switched over to Serato Scratch Live and it was the best decision I ever made. The scratching sounds amazing. I would advise you to just switch now, and save yourself the pain.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 9:39 pm
Man I've spent too much time n money on this thing. I just wish the team would concentrate less on video and give us audio DJ some attention.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 12:08 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
at the end of the day mate you get what you pay for and if you spent 100 euro on this and expected it to be everybit as good as a product costing 10 times that you were naive

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 1:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)