Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ALL I WANT FOR XMAS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

if you need fire power to run VDJ for the new year check this HP out, The luxury of a premium 17" widescreen laptop is now within your reach with the HP Pavilion dv8000z notebook PC. This 8.1 lb. notebook, designed for demanding digital entertainment and business applications, packs plenty of power thanks to the latest technology from AMD!

Solid operating system
Microsoft Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2 comes standard on all Pavilion dv8000z series notebooks. You can also get extra virus protection and advanced networking for quick integration with your office or school network--plus remote desktop control--if you choose Windows XP Professional.

Ample storage with dual hard drives
Up to two 120GB hard drives are supported on the Pavilion dv8000z for total storage of 240GB--the largest capacity available on notebooks. With this much storage, you don't need to be tied to a desktop PC for storing all your favorite video, movies, photos, and music. And you can also store more TV for watching later, wherever you go.

The additional hard disk capacity also comes in handy for backing up data, and this series comes with Sonic Easy Archive software to make it simple.

Powerful AMD processors designed for mobility
The Pavilion dv8000z features powerful AMD Turion 64 processors known for their ability to handle demanding applications. Enhanced virus protection is also integrated. The 3DNow! Professional Technology supports multimedia functionality such as editing home videos and running home entertainment software. AMD Turion 64 processors also include integrated PowerNow! technology to increase battery life while providing performance on demand as needed.

Cinematic visuals with 3-D graphics
The ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M graphics with 128MB of discrete video memory will bring your 3-D action and graphics-intensive applications to life. Want to optimize graphics performance? You can tap into an additional 128MB of shared system memory, which you can easily adjust on the Pavilion dv8000z for a more customized graphics solution.

Innovative technology for enhanced entertainment
With HP QuickPlay, you can launch movies and music at the touch of a button without booting up the entire system. HP's ImageZone software will help you with editing, printing, organizing, sharing, and storing your photos. If you select a DVD+/-RW drive, you can turn your pictures into movies with Muvee autoProducer, or use Sonic MyDVD to edit video and create CDs and DVDs. Plus, you can laser-etch professional-looking labels on CDs and DVDs using HP's Lightscribe direct disc labeling technology, available with the optional LightScribe DVD+/-RW drives.

Flexible wireless solutions
Choose from the popular 54g 802.11 b/g or the new 802.11a/b/g wireless solution to connect to the Internet at home or hot spots. The new 54g 802.11 wireless solution operates at 5GHz for fast downloads with less interference.

Numeric keypad and quick calculator
The full-size keyboard with numeric keypad, an essential feature for many business applications (and gaming!), can help you greatly improve productivity. There's also a button on the keyboard that launches the Windows calculator.

Multimedia ports and connectors
You'll find all the ports you need on the Pavilion dv8000z: four USB 2.0 ports, a 6-in-1 digital media card reader, an IEEE 1394 port, an S-video port, consumer IR, an ExpressCard/54 PC card slot, and an Expansion Port 2, which can be used for the HP xb2000 Notebook Expansion Base or HP Notebook All-in-One Media Cable xc2000 (both sold separately).

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 4:46 am
That's alot for poor Santa to carry. Poor back! But ask Santa to bring me one too!!!

MS

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 4:49 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
ha ha i was thinking the same thing..

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 5:07 am
that's not much for him to carry for under $2000.00 ?

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 5:31 am
guys its an HP don't expect anything that will last. I used to fix laptops last year and have absolutely nothing good to say about ANY HP or Compaq laptops.

If you guys want something reliable look more towards IBM or Toshiba instead of HP.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 7:01 am
i fix pc also for a living i think now they are better now,IBM & Toshiba don't give you that much for your money all they do is sell the name,i have a Tosiba it's three years old but i'll be replaceing it may be with a acer or HP.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 7:44 pm
I am quite happy with my Acer 1801 laptop, from what I read it has pretty much what this HP offers at around 2100 euros..

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 9:57 pm
Acer laptops are pretty good machines. The HP and Compaq seem to always have problems with the screens. If its not hinges its invertors, and in some cases bad LCDs. :(

They do have their low and high end models and the pavilion is definatelly not their high end model.

no harm meant guys but I've seen hundreds of laptops and this is just coming from experience.

If you guys want just add me to your MSN list or drop me an e-mail if you want some pointers on laptops and PCs. (e-mail and MSN is in my blog)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)