Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: can we remove the "elastic beatlock" from version 1.10 ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
In order to implement the new features we want in 1.10, we may need to remove the "elastic" beatlock feature.

Before doing that, we'd like to check if any of you actually do use this feature?

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 2:00 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I do not use the elastic beatlock.
Kaléo.

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 2:03 pm
I use rigid. It gives me the best approximation of the atomixmp3 beatlock (which in many cases is better) though I prefer virtual dj overall.

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 2:10 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
althought it's a little off-topic, you can still use the right mouse button on the beatlock button to do the exact same "magic" action as in atomixmp3.

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 2:17 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally I don't value the beatlock feature, I just use play and sync, The beatlock really is like a backup in case the mix goes pear shaped, but with the sync feature and the on-screen display that's usually very rare with vdj, So no I wouldn't mind at all to see that feature disapear,

One idea of mine though..., seen as VDJ is designed to be used proffesionally( through choice obviously), and I know how VDJ is very stable, but....., should there be problems on the night in opening the software (sometimes a get an errorr and need to restart my computer), or a crash,

It would be good if VDJ had a back-up program, something with whole different files but effectively the same software, atomixmp3 for example, but to work antagonistically with VDJ ( bundled with vdj of course).

I don't know if i've made much sense here but I know what I mean, basically it would make VDJ super reliable, and you shouldn't have to pay out for other dj software as back up.

regards bagpuss,

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 4:19 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't use the elastic beatlock.

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 4:23 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
scrap it

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 4:58 pm
Rigid for me!

GnoedeL

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 5:17 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It may disappear into the wastelands for me too.

Like rigid beatlock and rigid file/playlist view ;o)

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 7:15 pm
I do not use it

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 7:58 pm
I don't . But what might be good is to manually sync and when you get both songs in sync click on a button to actually lock it. I mean VDJ does the rest in terms of adjusting the BPM/Tempo of both songs(Like a manual beat lock).Some songs will be in sync initiallly and then start to veer off. That way we do not always have to nudge and in some cases, you can actually hear ths song drag when you "over" nudge and gives you more room to be more creative. Just a suggestion. I know I can make the suggsgtion in the new features forum but I might as well do it here since we have the ears now.

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 8:50 pm
I use elastic beatlock occasionally (for disco mixing) but it’s not an important option for me, I can mix my disco without beatlock on :-)

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 9:22 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Never use it...

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 9:40 pm
I dont use it! :)

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 12:51 am
I do not use the "elastic" beatlock.

Seb

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 12:32 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Kill it!

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 2:43 pm