Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: New Year's count down video plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i don't if it 's already available, but done you if this exists?? New Year's count down video plugin. When video's are not playing there cound be a "clock" counting down the time to the new year

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 11:50 pm
and play a video with great fire works after 0:00
Ewout

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 12:54 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
well if we could make scripts and more of VDJ was open source thats exactly what we could do

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:54 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You are totally free in the plugins ;-)

If you program a little bit in C++ and you know directx, you can program a video effect plugin with what you asked

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 11:39 pm
lol one of these days im gonna have a broken leg or soethign and im gonna have the time to sit down and try out some of these things but im pretty sure that you cant address external values like system_clock from a pluggin dll. besides since when have you been able to assign a plugin to be the defualt dispaly when no video or slide show loaded?

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 4:59 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does anyone know how to write a Sonique-type visual?
I would think that would be the best way to do this. I'll guess that the visuals are not able to access the system clock either though.

How about being able to view a webpage when no video is available?

Or for that matter, we sould have the otion to just release the display when there's no video available and so whatever other program you have on your second desktop would be visible.... browser, flash player, milkdrop, R4, slideshow, desktop background, whatever.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 4:48 pm
lol can picture that causeing an embarasment when the program finnishes a video too soon and your x rated deskop comes up on the massive screen lol

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 2:44 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a DVD with video's of clocks and a digital countdown on. I bought it from here:
www.mastermixdj.com

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 1:56 am
System clock can be accessed in Virtual DJ skins, so it probably can in effects as well ;)

If anyone want to make a plugin

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 2:38 pm
The GetSystemTime() function will return the current date and time.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 4:13 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes it's very easy to get the time of Windows (you can't get the one of VDJ ). I have already a VDJ plugin using that

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 7:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)