Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: can some 1 help me

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i was wonder in if u could like remix a song like use a beat from a diffrent song but use the song with out the same beat if so how can u do this heres an example of wat i mean

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L8NGVZ62

Posted Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 6:27 pm
Yes this is possible to do. You would need the instrumental (beats) of any song, and get the accapella of the song you want to remix it.

One thing to remember however is that NOT ALL instrumentals will go with any vocals. Some instrumentals will make the vocals sound like crap, hence giving you an awful remix. Make sure to test both songs out and making sure that all the breaks in the instrumentals go well with the accapella.

Another way to do this is by cutting the song into samples and just sample the bits you want at the time you want them to.

Posted Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 6:42 pm
thanks

Posted Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 9:56 pm
since its kida hard to find accapella is there a way u can cut the beat out of the songs

Posted Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 10:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you could put some money in the drummer's pocket...just kidding.
Cubase SX could do some things but the result is not allways good. If the beat is loud and clear, strictly drums for example, you could do this, but mainly "beat" comes out from many "PC-digital instruments", and is difficult to separate them.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 12:11 am
oo iight thanks any wayz

Posted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 12:44 pm
I tend to mix like this a lot.... I love changing songs with different vocals... another to do this is to play around the vocal remover effects... there are 2 different ones that can be used... look for the vocals + effect... and eliminate the guitar (which means music) on the song that you want the vocals on... and find an instrumental you like... match BPMs (you might have to play around with the matching because some songs use a different timing i.e. 3/4 or 4/4 timing. Also keep it mind to match the snare drum tap on each song to get the best sound... you will have to play with the EQs to get a quality sound and if you have other audio editing programs like ACID; they will help with sound quality.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 7:17 pm
I use promo only urban club series, which includes regular, accappella and instrumental versions of nearly all tracks.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 10:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)