Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Attn: PIRACY TEAM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Could someone from the Piracy Team please contact me and explain why my original account smalltalk has been locked out?

As stated previously I purchased a console (see ALL me previous posts as smalltalk) and I am being accussed of being a pirate/lamer and without any explaination how you have come to this conclusion?

I would really apreciate any help from ANYONE HERE as I used to enjoy this forum and now I am really p***** of about this.

Posted Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 12:49 pm
As per your request I reviewed all of you previous posts that I could see. And from what I gather the Piracy Staff shut you down because they had reason to believe you were using a stolen serial number for VDJ v1.07. I have some ideas on how they could ascertain this information, but at this time I cannot be sure, other than that they must have some way of divining this from an users installation or that you "borrowed" another users copy and installed it on your machine. It is possible that they made a mistake, they are human just like the rest of us. If they did, well all I can say is accidents happen and all of us here have been prone to this (having an accident) from time to time. I am sure they will straiten this out. If there acquisitions are founded, just purchase the product and be done with it, it is not like it is not worth the money.

Good luck.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 1:09 pm
I agree totally , and no one makes more human errors than myself :)

However I explained my situation when this first reared it's ugly head at http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4090

Simply see my previous posts (especially my inial ones) and it is clear I am a console user?

And as a result my account was terminated/locked out.

Hardly inspires customer confidence.

Posted Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 1:18 pm
While I am in rant mode :)

If I had a borrowed/stolen version would I:

1) Make such a issue of it

2) Email the moderator personally

Sorry to waste peoples time and bandwidth on this forum, but as you can probably tell I am not to happy about being branded a pirate, especially without an explaination how VDJ team have made this error or any option to defend myself.

Let's just hope this is sorted out once and for all.

Sorry guys (forum members)

Posted Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 1:31 pm
This topic has no issue. Closing.

Posted Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 1:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)