Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need a little help with tft mounts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...

Ok...so i know that Cyder and MP3JRICK are probably the best guys to be talking to...but,

I'm looking to get a flight case for my gear at the weekend...one that's a bit similair to this from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLIGHT-CASE-CD-MIXER-2-4-2-DJ-DISCO-EQUIPMENT_W0QQitemZ5798441229QQcategoryZ69965QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ShippingPayment

but can anyone recommend what kind of stand i should go for that would allow to use the flight case to store a 15" tft? I've been going nuts for the past few nights trying to find something and i just can't get my head round it.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 1:58 am
At the DJ expo in AC, there was a company that has a rackmount adapter for LCD screens. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of the company. I use the SKB mini-gig rig with the velcro table. All I did was remove the stand from my 19" LCD and place a few strips of velcro on the back and it is stuck for good on the velcro table.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 7:06 pm

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 5:03 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Jef @ VJLive has a neat mount.
But you need to figure out how the monitor will mount in that box.

Mounting the monitor is definately the biggest obstacle in design and layout.

Ultimately, if the monitor could come up from the rear and into view it would be best.
So that opens up a new objective with respect to how and how high and stowage.

Funny to see how many have adopted the design I created commercially at the show.

But they are copying a design that is tall, large and heavy which is NOT in the best interest of our needs.
The box you have chosen is smaller, but wood.
Without seeing it, it is hard to tell how much room is available and how it is best utilized with hardware.

Personally I like the Gator 10X4 http://www.gatorcases.com/sections/prdct/prdct-dj.htm as a starting point and the rear mount monitor will allow me to lower the whole thing by 8" hopefully.
That is where I will start and must figure out the mount as my first step.
Going to go with a 2U chassis and external drives within the Gator somehow.
Need to think tank it some more.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 5:36 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've just about sussed it i think, and it's a modification of mp3jrick's/cyder's and so on's case i suppose.

As opposed to a case that we're all used to seeing, you know, with the mixer and controller in the top at a slant, it's more of a 'box' case, with the racks inside the case raised as normal (pics will follow so you can see what i mean.) If you can imagine this http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_skb_19-1006_gig_rig_prodinfo.html as an empty box, you can get an idea of what i'm talking about.

So, anyway, in there i'll have a keyboard drawer with my keyboard and mouse, and then my euro 4e light controller and cd player in the front at the bottom, and in the top my mixer and then the piece de resistance (haha) i think, will be my monitor mount. So far i'm thinking about this:

Mount two drawer rails/runners vertically into the back wall of the case about 7cm or so apart from each other. Attach a tft monitor mount to the rails (so now you have a mount that can rise and fall vertically. Then attach the monitor to the bracket - hey presto!!!

I'll use a hinged wooden stopper to hold the monitor mount in place when in use, and this will simply fold flat when not in use, allowing the monitor to come to rest in the bottom of the case.

As soon as i get pics i'll post them to my blog...but in the meantime, if anybody has any suggestions as to how else i can get a rising mount that doesn't break the bank (this one will only cost about £60 overall) then please feel free to leave advice here...believe you me, i've been looking at solutions for the past three weeks and am beginning to tire of it!!!

Cheers...and keep spinnin'

P

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 7:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)