Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound Card..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a laptop and i need a sound card for better mixing to use headphones.. where can u i get one??

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 5:23 am
I also have a laptop and use a Maya44 usb card and it works really well - Many of the people on this site will also probably tell you that it is one of the better sound cards - there are 2 channel outputs and 2 channel inputs.

http://www.audiotrak.de/eng/maya44.html

djkaraok
Music sounds best when listen to with an open mind

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 6:36 am
dj karaok, how is the set up on your laptop as there is no sound coming from my maya 44 when i connect it to the mixer?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 12:42 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you're using TCV or XP10's, you're better going for the Maya 44, but i don't think you need to go to that extreme if you're not doing so.

I don't use either TCV or XP10's, and i've only got a soundblaster 5.1 which does the job perfectly...but it's your call...

Cheers...and keep spinnin'

P

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:44 pm
Pionara:
Do they make 5.1 sound cards for laptops?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 2:46 pm
ok, you need a soundcard to just be able to prelisten with your headphones? if thats all you needa better one for, you can just buy an audio splitter, but since you are a unliscensed user, you cant use that feature until you buy the software... also, the only way to have that feature and not buy the program, is to buy a mixer... but i would just go buy the program if i were you, because its about the same price, and you get so much more

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:11 pm

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 11:29 pm
I'm not sure about sound cards for lappies...i use a desktop pc.

I'm sure you can buy a 5.1 external soundcard for a lappie...but as explained above this would be of no use to you without the full program...:o|

P :o)

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 10:39 pm
I'm not sure about sound cards for lappies...i use a desktop pc.

I'm sure you can buy a 5.1 external soundcard for a lappie...but as explained above this would be of no use to you without the full program...:o|

P :o)

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 10:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)